Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:00 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:08 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:50 pm
I (almost) wonder what Phealous thinks about this...
He probably knows it's shit, but too scared to say so.
He never commented on 2016 Ghostbusters, did he? If he did, Lupa would "remember" that he raped her or something.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:20 pm

Though I don't think there have been many occasion in the past years where they've been together without Brad also being in the same room.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:24 pm

(That was me btw. Somehow got logged out without my consent.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:43 pm

I guess this fits here the best. I just finished reading The Boys. I've also seen the Amazon series. The comics were better and the series is different quite a lot from it. I don't quite know what to think of it and the changes. I get that you can't turn the comics into a show. It would just be too gory and nasty. But I'm not sure I like just how different it is. It's not terrible but if you've got the time go for the comics.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:37 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:43 pm
I guess this fits here the best. I just finished reading The Boys. I've also seen the Amazon series. The comics were better and the series is different quite a lot from it. I don't quite know what to think of it and the changes. I get that you can't turn the comics into a show. It would just be too gory and nasty. But I'm not sure I like just how different it is. It's not terrible but if you've got the time go for the comics.
I love The Boys comic and felt the tv show did better service than Preacher did.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:30 pm

So as mentioned in some other thread, I've recently watched that Joker movie thingie.

This is one heck of a weird origin story movie, not just because the connections with anything approaching DC lore is flimsy at best, but because its rendition of the Joker can only work in an origin story movie. Any kind of sequel featuring Batman could only work if at least one of them gets derailed af.

I was pretty disappoint that the whole "this is an incel propaganda movie" hype was a load of bull. This is just a movie about how crazy people tend to go crazy if you keep treating them like shit. There's no misogyny. No bloated ego. No twisted, narcissist perception that causes the protagonist to slowly plan hist "just" revenge at a world that doesn't want to see him as the god that he is. Nothing.

The "What if Joker is Thomas Wayne's bastard son?" red herring fucks up the Batman timeline something fierce. I mean, Joker is played by a guy in his mid 40s, and the guy playing Thomas is over 60. You're seriously telling me it took Thomas Fucking Wayne until his 50s to produce a legitimate son in Bruce? Are you for real?
And I guess this kinda also results in the same problem that this Gotham TV show has: Introducing Bat villains while Bruce is still a little kid will mean that Batman will have a retirement home for a rogues gallery.

And what was up with that Late Night show invinting a literal nobody without searching him for weapons? You'd think that would be a standard procedure. Even if the guy wasn't obviously not quite right in the head. Or if he wasn't dressed up like one of those clown dudes who are currently painting Gotham with blood. Or if your show's host didn't spend the last show making fun of the guy.

Bottom line: I miss Cesar Romero.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Whenever people say it's like a DC version of Taxi Driver I'd just say fuck, watch Taxi Driver instead. I've seen lower grade exploitation movies that have more weight than just I'm going mad because I was bullied.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:41 pm

To be fair, wasn't half the movie Joker bullshitting. That's pretty much the Joker. Never tells the truth.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Half the movie was Joker being sad because everyone's mean to him. The other half was him having a laughing fit at just the worst possible moments.
The only one who was bullshitting was his mom, who sent "You have a bastard son. Give me money"-letters to Thomas.
-Yours Truly

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:48 pm

That's a current trend I've noticed: to make the Wayne parents morally gray, or evil.

Guess just bevause Bruce and Gordon just HAVE to be white, they need to start tarnishing the only other whites whom no one will question.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.