Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Bobito

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Bobito » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:30 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:46 pm
My favorite aquatic mobile suit is the Hygogg.

It's a pretty shit design for anything other than water combat, but I like the way it looks.
Yes, for sure it's the most aesthetic of the aquatic ms.
Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:02 pm
Bobito wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:44 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:09 am
I know it has flaws (and the movie sucked ass) but I loved 00.
I like it too, and the movie :lol: I'm fine with alternate universe trying new stuff, I would say that for me the movie had some pacing issues and the lack of an epilogue but maybe we will see some ova in the future, I have some hope considering the release of that play in japan with those magazine scans about some side story post els invasion having graham using a Exia R4 with condensers.

The most notorious acuatic ms that I remember is the Kapool in ZZ, it appers for some episodes but it is used a lot in turn a gundam.
I’m curious to see what happens. ELS was an interesting idea and something unique for the franchise, but it was just...I dunno, it felt off with me. The franchise did plant that idea early on at least so props to them.

I think the worst thing 00 did was with Lockon. It wasn’t his demise that bothered me, but the fact that they made his brother a carbon copy to the point where it’s like he never left. They should have given him a different look and other traits to set himself apart.

Hygogg is badass rabid. Z’Gok E is another cool one, it’s like a super jacked Z’Gok.
Yes, I agree with the look thing, despise the fact that he appeared in season 1 briefly they should had changed the design a bit.

I hate mostly anything related with graham in season 2 (mr.bullshit), fortunately they recovered him in the movie with the season 1 traits of autism, the worse in the tech aspects was the use of the Gagas in the last mission in season 2, super retarded idea of that as a valid tactic instead of using just more Gadessas or garazzos, it was kinda a joke .

Some years ago I bought the novels of season 1, it's good complement to the series with some extra info, too bad bandai america closed and there is no way of getting season 2 and the movie novels. I got gundam 00F has well and it help with world building mostly, besides that is just fon spark having plot armor and being edgy.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
I think the worst thing 00 did was with Lockon. It wasn’t his demise that bothered me, but the fact that they made his brother a carbon copy to the point where it’s like he never left. They should have given him a different look and other traits to set himself apart.
What was the deal with that, anyways? They changed their mind about killing him off between seasons?
That really took me out of the show. That show and Code Geass made me convinced that Japan should never make anime on an American "season" basis, and they especially shouldn't do season cliffhangers if they can't stick to the choices they made.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Nippon is incapable of making endings or S2s. Many such cases.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:39 pm
Nippon is incapable of making endings or S2s. Many such cases.
Yep.

Season 1 code geass was mildly interesting. Season 2 code geass was a trainwreck.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:58 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:23 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
What was the deal with that, anyways? They changed their mind about killing him off between seasons?
That really took me out of the show. That show and Code Geass made me convinced that Japan should never make anime on an American "season" basis, and they especially shouldn't do season cliffhangers if they can't stick to the choices they made.
That’s what it felt like. It was a ballsy move and his death was impactful, so they should have made Lyle really different or just made another character take the role. Graham would have been a better member rather than his Mr. Bullshitdo junk like Bob said.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

ban

Post by ban » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:21 pm

You know what's the saddest part of all? Sunrise spent fucking 4 years and god knows how many millions to make the first Gundam show broadcast in HD(yes, it was a big deal back then) to be perfect. And ironically they did it, for season 1. The thing is, season 2 was semi-pre planned. Case in point, Lockon. Given his interraction with the team and how they made the brothers, Lyle is just the wet blanket that the members would be surprised to see before them but not the guy that would join them, yet the fujos wanted daddy Lockon because his design and the smoothing voice of Shinichiro Miki was too much to leave out of the show, despite all the tells that he was the desposable guy(he wears green, is the veteran of the group, is voiced by veteran VA that is married and was "old" back then, compared to the much younger, good looking and adorable kiddie VAs that voiced the other three dudes). Sometimes, you just can't measure those things.

AUs after Seed have this amazing tendency to try and remake the One Year War and newtypes so much that it always falls flat on its face. And people still can't get that the only reason Seed succeeded was because a woman who's only cred was to write ultra-marketable anime to exploit fanboys and her director husband, who's experience was in making anime that could turn a profit from toy sales, would be the ultimate driving force in creating something equivalent to the Marvel Cinematic universe that is this giant mixed bag that everything anyone ever wants and is adored by the mass, no question. Seed had mechs up the ass, all of which were Okawara's finest crafts, voice actors that either were a hit among fujoshis due to their yaoi creds, famous singer / vas for the males to drool over and Rie fucking Tanaka as Lacus, so that everyone could enjoy her singing, voice and later, her cosplays :

Then you had drama cds up the ass for the girls, music that could capture all the ranges of popular music at the time, in anime so nothing stands out, you had opening by T.M. Revolution who was in his prime and at his best game when it came to J-Pop that could make girls swoon(even if his Rurouni Kenshin ending is one of my favourites) and finally, you had some edgy subplots like Kira banging Flay, death, clones, too many Chars, Takehito Koyasu as a Char after the success of Weiss Kreutz that skyrocketed his popularity, Kira being a main character that could be a Mary Sue, THE Mary Sue among the Mary Sues and Jesus at the same time...shit was insane.

The first time I saw it, I was exposed to via seeing what Gundams were in the show and...it was not worth it. Heck, when I saw Destiny and Shinn "killed" Kira, there was such a massive outcry, not only by the fans by the writer herself, that Sunrise and her husband had to bullshit Kira back in action and suddenyl make Shinn a moron and wrong throughout the rest of the show. My only solace in this shitshow, is that Seed Astray exists.

Tl;dr : I fucking despise Seed and Seed Destiny the same way DHI despise Mahvel cinematic universe.
Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:34 am
ban wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:22 am
nobody bought the Zakus. Nobody.
Did they buy the Goufs?
Sure, when the plastic models released and everyone got into the plastic model frenzy. The toys made in 1980, you'd be luckier finding some nip lad playing with toilet paper than playing with a Zeon figure or toy.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:14 pm

I wish that was a spinoff show.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:18 pm

I was hoping the second southpark game would just be ninja gang vs ninja gang but they went with the faggy MCU schtick
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

ban

Post by ban » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:14 pm
I wish that was a spinoff show.
These days, I unironically wish that was the case as well, given how shit SP has been these last years.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow