Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Armored exoskeletons (or maybe just the exoskeleton if you just want to carry a big gun) is definitely the more likely future. There's really not a lot of reasons why you'd need to build a humanoid vehicle, let alone one bigger than a house.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:33 am

So you wanna talk obscure?
There was a Golgo 13 movie made in Imperial State of Iran, starring Ken Takakura (the actor Golgo was based off of) and an entirely Iranian cast. There's a really crummy trailer for it in its Persian language version, which was lost or destroyed in the Islamic Revolution:

Only the Japanese dub exists today:
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:16 am

I knew that the first ever adaptation of Golgo 13 was live action. I didn't know anything about some Iranian nonsense. That first LA Golgo 13 had a sequel too.
The first ever adaptation of Black Jack was live action. It came out six months after the director made House (1977.) Theres a fansub of it on ADC.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:07 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:16 am
The first ever adaptation of Black Jack was live action. It came out six months after the director made House (1977.) Theres a fansub of it on ADC.
I've never heard of it! Downloading now!

Yeah, that first Golgo film is interesting. The actor they cast, Ken Takakura, is the actual guy that the artist Takao Saito based Duke Togo off of. So that's why he looks exactly like the manga character.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:48 am

These Golgo 13 pictures all have weird production histories. Where did they get this white bitch who did the anime movie theme?

Always wanted to see that live action version of The Drifting Classroom by the House guy. They aged up the characters and resettled it into an international school so its full of white people speaking English. Its on ADC and translated but I could never find the HDTV source that bootleg DVD used (theres no home video release outside of the original VHS.)
Theres also a weird American LA for that same property (featuring Drake Bell lol) and a J-Dorama about love and stuff.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:21 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:48 am
Where did they get this white bitch who did the anime movie theme?
It gets weirder.
NSFW: Cynthia Wood
https://vipergirls.to/threads/1995081-P ... st17252992
EDIT: On second thought, of course Japan would import some Playboy centerfold to sing their theme song.I
I think the Cindy character in the movie might be based off of her, but I'm not sure.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:16 am
So that movie was great! I really love stuff from this vintage. I don't know why Japan was able to crank out all these amazing films in the '70s and why everything they make now is so bland.

Also... I've read that Etsuko Shihomi never did nude scenes, but in this movie... :shock:
SpoilerShow
The Visitor in the Eye (1977).mkv_snapshot_00.22.56.119.jpg
The Visitor in the Eye (1977).mkv_snapshot_00.22.56.119.jpg (21.48 KiB) Viewed 418 times
I've heard people say "Japs can't act", and I think that's because these modern movies cast singers, idols, talents, and "comedians" instead of real actors. I mean Jo Shishido is kind of a loon-- he messed up his face with plastic surgery like Michael Jackson-- but the guy could sure act! And Black Jack is supposed to have a messed up face, so it works for the character.

They don't seem to have guys like him or Toshiro Mifune anymore. Or they probably do, but they don't give them any work and give the roles to those SMAP faggots instead.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:13 am

I think he was at least able together those cheek implants removed. I remember seeing the big scars in his interview on the Branded to Kill criterion DVD

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:51 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:13 am
I think he was at least able [to get] those cheek implants removed. I remember seeing the big scars in his interview on the Branded to Kill criterion DVD
Japanese Wiki said he got the initial plastic surgery way back in 1956, so it must have been complete quackery. I'd imagine he'd have to have it undone at some point. God only knows what those implants were made out of.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 am
They don't seem to have guys like him or Toshiro Mifune anymore. Or they probably do, but they don't give them any work and give the roles to those SMAP faggots instead.
Which is unfortunate. Just watched Throne of Blood again a few days ago, and man is he always a sight to behold.

#MakeNihonActorsGreatAgain
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette