Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:49 am

Brotherhood is excellent but the mango is better still.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:29 am

I've heard Brotherhood rushed a bit at the start to reach the mango stuff not covered by the old anime faster.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:29 am
I've heard Brotherhood rushed a bit at the start to reach the mango stuff not covered by the old anime faster.
You probably heard that from me, but yeah. The first season is fucking awful. The first season of the original anime was a lot better. I think they were rushing with Brotherhood to get out of the early stuff because those stories had already been told by the old anime.

A better idea would have been to start Brotherhood with Season 2 (in terms of where the story is) and insert a "previously on" clipshow in the DVD. We don't expect every newcomer to MGS 3 to have played MGS 1 and 2. It would have been fine to start the story up where they left off following the manga.

What they did instead was introduce some new shitty villains and run through the early mango content as quickly as possible, turning the first season into a clipshow anyway.

Brotherhood is good though. The ending follows the mango and the mango had a satisfying wrap-up. I'm reading Veritas now btw and it's breddy gudd. Manwha authors love sickass fights.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Auli

Post by Auli » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:34 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:31 am
I rewatched 2003 for the first time in ten years a few months ago. Was alright I guess, but having finally read the manga it paled in comparison. I've still never seen Bruddahood, which itself is almost ten fucking years old.
Holy fuck you have to see Brotherhood.

I usually don't like recommending shit, but holy mother of Satan is Brotherhood good.

If there was one thing I wanted to forget after waking up from coma, it was that Brotherhood was erased from my mind so I could watch it fresh again.

I also liked Death Note. I've seen Seven Deadly Sins which were ok. I like fantasy or sci-fi stuff, really. I still haven't watched Cowboy Bebop. Had it downloaded for a decade or something.

Edit: About FMA and FMA:B... I've heard that watching the 13 first episldoes of the 2003 version and then jump to Brotherhood after that. Brotherhood seemed to rush the beginning. I did¨n'r really mind it since I didn't see the 2003 version first. 2003 get some more depth into some of the characters: Hughes/Tucker/that mustache guy.

There probably exists a fan-edit or something to tie stuff more together, maybe?
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Cowboy Bobop is essential normalfag kino.
Been thinking about finally rewatching it in glorious BD quality.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Just rewatchted Great Teacher Onizuka. I'd say the worst thing about the anime is that the three Gundamtards show up so late. It cracks me up that Kanzaki's genius mind can't comprehend three weebs talking to each other in Gundam quotes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Picked up the One Piece anime wher i left up to catch up to where i am in the Manga (the anime i watch when i relax and got nothing better to watch) and jeez i forgot that the Baroque Works saga (One piece Calls it's arcs saga and sagas arcs) was was this long.
I'm at Whiskeypeak and getting to where i was in Jaya will take a while
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:58 am

Auli wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:58 pm
I rewatched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and it's still one of the best anime, even series, that I've seen.

Now I have no anime to watch :'(
Try this one. Hopefully you can watch it in your country.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 am

Finished watching Cell Saga. My opinion that it's the second worst arc in Dragon Ball is cemented. I also don't rate Gohan, and now I've figured out exactly why.
Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:40 pm
Cowboy Bobop is essential normalfag kino.
Been thinking about finally rewatching it in glorious BD quality.
I've had Bebop on Blu-ray for ages myself, and just never got around to re-watching it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:34 am

I've forgotten a lot about DB. Once I've powered through Dune: Chapterhouse I'll re-read the mango. It's been a while and DB was a very fun read the first time around.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!