Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Bobito

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Bobito » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:48 am

Is the manga longer than the anime? Maybe some fights could be longer in that format.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 am

I don't remember.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:34 pm

Isn't the current trend for the animu adaptation to be mostly some kind of glorified ad for the real thing? Or does that only apply to Light Novels?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:04 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:34 pm
Isn't the current trend for the animu adaptation to be mostly some kind of glorified ad for the real thing? Or does that only apply to Light Novels?
Thats how its always been. In the past the TV industry was just different enough that at least manga adaptations had a chance of covering all of their sauce material.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 pm

I think people eventually just had enough of crappy filer arcs that could last up to a fucking year or so.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:32 pm

お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:36 am

More like daburu shindeiru, since the franchise already has a foot in the grave and this season kinda sorta has the burden of proving that it's still viable.

Not that it matters, though. There hasn't really been a quality Sentai waifu since Akiba Yellow, and the entire franchise has already been succeeded by Pretty Cure (which is nothing but quality waifus).

On a more joyous note, I recently discovered that Glorious Nippon has finally started to adapt my fanfics.
BeholdShow
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:36 am
More like daburu shindeiru, since the franchise already has a foot in the grave and this season kinda sorta has the burden of proving that it's still viable.
I haven't been following the situation that much. Didn't Hasbro fuck everything up?
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:17 pm

That certainly didn't help, it's also the sales in Glorious Nippon itself that have been lacking compared to say Kamen Rider - despite (or because?) of weird gimmicks they've tried in recent shows, like a season about two feuding Sentais (Lupinranger vs Patranger), or one where the team already starts off fuckhuge and every other Sentai is a bloke in a monster costume (Kyuranger).
Then they got sorta lazy/desparate with Ryusoulger, which is yet another dino sentai (where the Red one has a T-Rex mecha because that's what they always have in dino sentais). I think it also tried a bit to copy Shinkenger since they primarily fight with swords, and they tried to rally the fans with a webseries prelude about some kind of Sentai Battle Royale. Also the villains were a lot more like Kamen Rider ones since they transformed/corrupted people into monsters or something.

Kiramager was announced after speculations about Ryusoulger being the last one. Super Sentai naturally ended up continuing, but was a bit demoted in importance compared to Kamen Rider.
It is possible the franchise will be buried much like Metal Heroes, but I fear it won't go out quite as spectacularly (Kabutack and Robotack are legendary in their sheer level of suck).
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:35 pm

I don't know a whole lot about Super Sentai. What I saw of it looked fun, but childish.

Power Rangers really ruined it for me. When I lived in Japan and watched an episode on TV, I'd be thinking about all the ways Haim Saban would ruin the episode someday.

Is there a good mid-80s super sentai? I always get a nostalgia trip from stuff in that vintage. I LOVED Sukeban Deka for instance.
お前はもう死んでいる。