Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
AdorableOtter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:35 am

I really don't understand the that teleported-to-another-fantasy/virtual/whatever-world genre. It's like watching weeb version of let's play. I'd rather just play the game or astral dimension whatever to another world myself.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:41 am

.hack was a product of its time, when MMO shit was new and interdasting. I think SOA was first published as a web novel around the time .hack came out, it got its animu version after the author's series Accel World got popular.
Isekai is the industries newest bottom of the barrel rehash genre. Not all of them are sent into video games but most are.
>I'd rather just play the game
Retard.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:11 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:37 pm
That's the funny part about all of these "Everyone can die!" animus and mangos: After the first batch of characters to kill off for shock effect, the series usually gets popular enough that they just stick with the next batch of characters and draw dat shit out for maximum profit.
Exactly what happened to terra formars and why it became shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:30 am

Terra Formars always looked like edgy trash.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:27 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:35 am
I really don't understand the that teleported-to-another-fantasy/virtual/whatever-world genre. It's like watching weeb version of let's play. I'd rather just play the game or astral dimension whatever to another world myself.
I like the Isekai genre when it's done properly. Shit like Magic Knight Rayearth, Vision of Escaflowne or even Digimon where the protagonists end up in a real alternate world, with its own rules and scary things trying to eat your face.
Nowadays, almost all Isekais are just .hack ripoffs, where the various fantasy worlds just serve as backdrops for video game memes and the major characters are basically D&D players who don't give a shit about staying in-character. Yay~.
Oh, and the oh-so-clever writers can feel really smug about envisioning the future of alternate/virtual reality or some shit. 'Cause that hasn't already been explored by better writers or anything.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:44 am

>Isekai

That's the word now I remember. I also realized what I didn't get it was rebirth with meta knowledge kind of stuff. There is nothing wrong with being transferred to another world, that happens ALL THE TIME.

Is .hack that good? It seems orignal weeb people doesn't like the show that much.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:16 am

All that isekai bullshit is everywhere now. I tried to look at a giant list of animu available on streaming in the west and most of the action/adventure animu was about fucking mmos.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:16 am

>streaming
Have you ever considered torrenting your anime like somebody who doesn't eat nigger cum like ambrosia?
What ranking website is that? I don't recognize it.
The meme is that .hack//SIGN is slow. That meme, like all memes, is 100% accurate. It's been years since I've seen it but its a moody beast, it's a slow thinky person show. I guess. Also suprise yuri cripplefucker end.
.hack was built as a hugefuck media franchise and SIGN is meant as a prequel to the core of the first series, the four PS2 games with Naruto and friends, but it stands fine on its own.
Also has the best soundtrack in animu. Every Yuki Kajira shit is the same but its old enough that its not bad.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:04 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:44 am
Is .hack that good? It seems orignal weeb people doesn't like the show that much.
This could just mean there isn't enough moe in it.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:16 am
All that isekai bullshit is everywhere now. I tried to look at a giant list of animu available on streaming in the west and most of the action/adventure animu was about fucking mmos.
It's apparently the newest trend after time skips and Next Generation sequels. Just make barebones worldbuilding, add some videoshit, and your fans will cry autistic tears because someone in the animu biz respects their favorite time waster.

I guess I could go for Digimon Tri, but dayum that OVA seems to be a hot dumpster fire.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:00 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:04 pm
AdorableOtter wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:44 am
This could just mean there isn't enough moe in it.
Nah that aint true. The manga Legend of the Twilight Bracelet was very lewd.
Cartoon Network aired all the .hack animu at wee hours on the morning on Sunday and I'd occasionally catch the anime version of LOTTB and in a sleepy haze id wanna fuk that wolf.