Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:36 pm

I liked boogiepop phantom a lot. The story is more simple than you think it is. Basically an alien shows up and the government gets involved, a bunch of shit blows the fuck up and the alien interfaces with the city in weird ways. There are government alien monster things as well which are probably derived from the original alien, which was being experimented on for a while.

Also there's a sub-story about a spirit called the pied piper IIRC, which is either an actual ghost or a remnant of an alien.

Boogiepop herself is part of the original alien. The original alien was peaceful but derivatives/other alien presences are not.

There I just spoiled the entire story, now tell me how it was pretentious you ffffucks. The story is told in a nonlinear, out-of-order way, but it's not incoherent, unlike Eva.

Also the alien is/was electrical in nature, which is why all the supernatural shit disappears when they fix the power plant or whatever it was at the end. I forget because it has been years, but the story had a very consistent internal logic. Supernatural shit can only happen when there's an abnormal electrical state in the town.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Deep animu are rarely as deep as its weeb audience wants to believe.

Also animu with non-linear storytelling gives me Haruhi flashbacks, which raises a few alarm bells. I guess that must be a trendy thing for light novel writers.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:47 pm

I hate non linear stories baccano style, it's just a way to mask how plain the series is in reality.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Bobito wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:47 pm
I hate non linear stories baccano style, it's just a way to mask how plain the series is in reality.
I understand, but I also enjoyed Baccano. Again, kind of a simple story, but it had a lot of fun characters and an enjoyable setting.

RAPEMAN wrote:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:57 am

I started watching fansubs of the new Grappler Baki anime. I really missed this show's insanity. Dudes that are so macho that they barely react to losing body parts.
There's going to be an official subtitled release on Netflix in a month or two, so you might want to wait for that version. The fansubs are satisfactory, but a little wonky sometimes.

EDIT: Yeah, these subs are rather annoying. Maybe a 6/10. A fair number of mistranslations and lots of spelling mistakes each episode. But definitely check this out when it drops on Netflix. It's absolutely ridiculous in a good way.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:06 am

Another day another shitpost.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:30 am

Fucking anime, swear to god.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 am

>Pop Team Epic
gb2 twitter ironic weeb scum

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:43 am

Fine, here is the best anime
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:00 am

i tried watching that a few years ago but didnt finish it and had to delete it for space
i didnt think it was bad i just dont finish anything i start
speaking of not finishing anything
watching hunter x hunter 1999
i wanna make crapika my girlfriend (male) and pee in his butt