Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:12 pm
This is seriously shitty news.
Voice Actor Unshō Ishizuka Passes Away at 67
He was still heavily involved in a lot of good shows. It appears he was working until the very end, in true Japanese fashion.
He was 67 by modern age reckoning, and 68 by traditional Japanese age reckoning.
What's "traditional Japanese age reckoning"? Do they start counting the age at conception?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:56 pm

It's apparently a Chinese thing that got borrowed by other Asian countries. In this system you start at age 1, and it has fuckall to do with your birthday because it goes up at (Chinese) New Year. No clue why a news article would even mention this unless the writer is some weebtard.

So does that make the ACTUAL Japanese age of consent 12? Or 14?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:05 pm

I admit, I don't understand it at all. The only time I see 享年 is in obituaries. I think it is either a Buddhist or Shinto thing because they aren't supposed to use it when a Japanese Christian dies.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:23 pm

They might've as well mentioned his blood type. Or Chinese zodiac. Or that newer Japanese zodiac thing with zoo critters.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:06 pm
There aren't a whole lot of baka gaijins around, and listening to them is the last thing a Glorious Nipponese would do.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:16 pm
Japan doesn't care about anything whito piggus have to say. SJW is nonexistent there.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 pm
The Japanese are highly resistant to change.
Are you fuckers daft or ignorant? We're talking about a nation here that changed entirely after allied occupation. They barely have any actual Japanese culture left. It's only a matter of time with them. Resistant to change my ass.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:06 am

Their fashions changed. Their economy changed. The social shit didn't change as much as you might think.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:26 am

"Japanese culture" has always been an amalgamation of cherry-picked alien cultures and, in that sense, they haven't changed much and are still resistant to involuntary changes (unless it's an order from now literally God Emperor of US). I'm preeetty sure that's one of the main reasons why they are pretty much immune to SJW culture are muh immigration, and also why some people complain about how racists they are even though its more about culture rather than race (e.g. non tattoo allow in public baths or training gyms, because tatoo = yakuza).

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 am
We're talking about a nation here that changed entirely after allied occupation.
In what way?
Kugelfisch wrote:
They barely have any actual Japanese culture left.
In which ways do you consider the Japanese culture to have been supplanted?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:20 pm

There aren't a whole lot of ninja and samurai around these days?
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Are you fuckers daft or ignorant? We're talking about a nation here that changed entirely after allied occupation. They barely have any actual Japanese culture left. It's only a matter of time with them. Resistant to change my ass.
Yes. It really started even earlier, and yes, the USA was behind it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Expedition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakumatsu

They've looked up to, envied, and emulated the Americans for a long time. I remember in college we were taught about some Japanese Meiji-era politician that advanced the idea of abolishing the Japanese language in favor of English.
お前はもう死んでいる。