Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ban

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by ban » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:21 pm

It could also be because nips have a thing for mono-eye / visor gimp mech underdogs as well and we can't have that when the main robot is a giant white and red / blue cheap Super Robot. :lol:

Speaking of lame and obvious copies, such a thing doesn't phase them when it comes to main characters, funny how that works. Of course it could be that nobody wants to see another autistic protagonist like Amuro. :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:29 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:37 pm
Also, Zeon did nothing wrong.
>Zeon did nothing wrong
>Named their independent Side after an insane zealot
>Waged war of independence against Earth, even though they're a fucking SPACE COLONY and by definition need Earth
>Killed half of Earth population in said war for independence
>Zeon did nothing wrong
ban wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 pm
Though one has to wonder how come almost all of Japan loves Zeon yet hates every last one of the Zeon-expies from the other gundam shows
It depends on which ones you're talking about.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:00 pm

I could never really get into Gundam like some people do. It's something about the fact that Tomino takes his war story so seriously and yet his characters often come off so goofy and just make really baffling decisions.

I know part of the problem is that Gundam didn't come over to the States until I was already an adult and I'd already seen other anime that I'd felt had done the mecha thing much better:
お前はもう死んでいる。

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:03 pm

My nigger, excellent taste.
He warned youShow

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:09 pm

I would say that Dougram was the best work of that author (pending to watch layzner)it was a longer series but didn’t introduce magical arcs like the overman in votoms, the ending of the series wasn’t a super final battle which was strange and despise that it was good.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Mellowlinks and Gundam 0083 are probably his best works IMO but I'm the outlier.
He warned youShow

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:17 pm

0083 was very good too, the forced love triangle at the end was the only thing I complain about in that series. Mellowlink was too meh for me but at least it was short.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:20 pm

AFAIK he wasn't directly involved in Mellowlink.
Layzner was okay. Spent a good chuck of time dicking around on Mars. The second arc is HnK with robots. Niggers running around with tonfas and shit. It got cancelled because the sponsor's air purifiers were exploding and killing people.

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:40 pm

Didn’t know the series was completely subbed already, I will download it these days. Thats a weird reason to cancel a series, sure it wasn’t ratings or figure sales?

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Its the meme reason. I never saw a nipponese source on it but I read an article on fucking Forbes about Layzner that had that written down.
it got fully subbed years ago but nobody ever put those subs onto the Blu-rays. Well they did but not anywhere other than like, ADC.