Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ban

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by ban » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 pm

The only shit anyone needs to see from DB these days is the OG DB animu and the DB Kai show since it actually trims the fucking fat from the DBZ animu...it has slightly worse music due to Sumimoto and Yamamoto can get boring after a while. Or you can watch this and be done with DB :

Or better yet this :

Since it encapsulated DB and its age perfectly so you don't need to bother with it for the rest of your life.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm

My brother is recommending fate:Zero and Berserk.

Thoughts?
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:29 pm
Don't forget that it was also cut and edited to shit when it aired.
Better or worse than having this as your theme song?

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Auli wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm
My brother is recommending fate:Zero and Berserk.

Thoughts?
I don;t know anything about fate:Zero but Berserk is brilliant. Not that new series though, you are better off reading it though but if you prefer to watch something watch the 90s anime.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Fate: Zero is good. It's the only part of the Fate franchise I would argue is good and worth seeing. You can go into the series cold and just absorb what happens as it does. A lot of shounen have contrived tournaments, but the tournament is the point of this series and it's life-or-death combat. There are no prizes awarded for following the rules and being honorable. And the main character is the best example I can think of for a "realistic" hero. He's a military veteran and he fights like he's going to war. He's the sort to blow up a building just to confirm one kill. The interpersonal conflicts in the animu feel earned and not thrown in for cheap drama.

Finally, the animu is absolutely the way to experience this story. The animation is beautiful and they clearly spared no expense. It's not quite >unlimited budget works< tier, but it's still great.

Berserk is better as a mango than an anime.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 pm

The old Berserk is better than the new? Is the new a sequel or something else?
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:56 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:05 pm
Fate: Zero is good. It's the only part of the Fate franchise I would argue is good and worth seeing.
Fate/Extra Last Encore is alright so far. It's got UMU but not enough.

Nether Animal

Post by Nether Animal » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:34 pm

ban wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 pm
The only shit anyone needs to see from DB these days is the OG DB animu and the DB Kai show since it actually trims the fucking fat from the DBZ animu...it has slightly worse music due to Sumimoto and Yamamoto can get boring after a while. Or you can watch this and be done with DB
Kai fucking sucks. The literal translation of the original script sounds ridiculous in English and almost all of the voice actor are worse. Sorry, just stick to Ocean -> Kai and then stop watching after Namek blows up. It should have ended after that anyway, instead of milking it to death. Yes, the Ocean voice acting is cheesy, YES there is a lot of filler but lets not forget we are watching a kids show here...

ban

Post by ban » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:42 pm

The old Berserk animu is miles ahead of the enw one. Even the memetic opening :

Ebin. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But like everyone else said, read the fucking thing. There are clean scans etc if you search any animu site out there and it's magnificently drawn, to the point of Miura rivaling Oh!Great in terms of autistic details in a single frame.

Fate : Zero is pretty good but it has its edge due to it being written by Urobutcher during his depression period, so Nasu and Takeuchi told him to make a Fate fanfic so that he can get over it and they can keep playing Nip D&D(no joke, that's the real reason this shit happened). I like Unlimited Budget Works more but you can see both cold and you wont lose anything.

And I don't know shit about Funimation's dub, only watched the Nip dub since by the time Kai came out, cartoons and animus are out of the question for greek tv + a lot of voice actors / actors from that time retired so if I don't get my classic dub, I'd stick to nip. Only thing I remember from the english dub is that Peter Kelamis makes for a great Goku in the movies.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Nether Animal wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:34 pm
Kai fucking sucks. The literal translation of the original script sounds ridiculous in English and almost all of the voice actor are worse. Sorry, just stick to Ocean -> Kai and then stop watching after Namek blows up. It should have ended after that anyway, instead of milking it to death. Yes, the Ocean voice acting is cheesy, YES there is a lot of filler but lets not forget we are watching a kids show here...
>watching dubs
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.