Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 am
I find it hard to believe that anyone under the age of 40 would be invested in Bobotech.
I think Robotech has the problem of having used footage from an animu that would proceed to explode into an entire franchise. So whereas Saber Rider and Voltron could create their own identities because their footage source is old and forgotten, younger weebs keep getting reminded of the true and authentic Nihon original of Robotech.
I always wondered why Harmony Gold simply didn't just bring more Macross stuff to the U.S. themselves instead of doing cheap Korean-animated sequels nobody wants anymore. They had no issue with letting Manga Entertainment bring Macross Plus to the U.S. back in the 90s, so what made them changed later on? Are they trying to hide fact that Robotech is a bastardized adaptation of three unrelated anime shows? That shit is fucking Wikipedia knowledge now.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:54 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 am
I find it hard to believe that anyone under the age of 40 would be invested in Bobotech.
I think Robotech has the problem of having used footage from an animu that would proceed to explode into an entire franchise. So whereas Saber Rider and Voltron could create their own identities because their footage source is old and forgotten, younger weebs keep getting reminded of the true and authentic Nihon original of Robotech.
I always wondered why Harmony Gold simply didn't just bring more Macross stuff to the U.S. themselves instead of doing cheap Korean-animated sequels nobody wants anymore. They had no issue with letting Manga Entertainment bring Macross Plus to the U.S. back in the 90s, so what made them changed later on? Are they trying to hide fact that Robotech is a bastardized adaptation of three unrelated anime shows? That shit is fucking Wikipedia knowledge now.
Based Harmony Gold knows anime is gay poison and must be purged of as much Nip influence as possible to make it safe for society.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Harmony Gold is lazy as fuck. I think the last think they did was an original content Robotech sequel thing in 2006.
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 pm
SJWs are pissed at some anime which has a false rape allegation as a plot point, because you're not supposed to acknowledge that false allegations exist, and that proves that the author hates women. Oh, and the NPCs seem to be unaware that the author IS a woman.
Because every animu fully respects females 24/7.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:56 pm

Harmony Gold tried to get DYRL but it was too expensive. That's why Robotech the Movie was made out of Megazone 23.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 pm

They're like the poor man's Saban, if Saban would get cheap enough to switch from Sentai to, I dunno, Gransazer and pretend it's still Power Rangers.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 pm
Guest wrote:
Harmony Gold is lazy as fuck. I think the last think they did was an original kahntent Robotech sequel thing in 2006.
Guest wrote:
SJWs are pissed at some anime which has a false rape allegation as a plot point, because you're not supposed to acknowledge that false allegations exist, and that proves that the author hates women. Oh, and the NPCs seem to be unaware that the author IS a woman.
Because every animu fully respects females 24/7.
People masturbating to tentacle rape is fine Voice. Acknowledging that false rape accusations are a thing is not, because it might make people doubt the next Christine Blasey Ford.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Harmony Gold tried to get DYRL but it was too expensive. That's why Robotech the Movie was made out of Megazone 23.
IIRC, DYRL was already licensed out to a another company that ended up making their own butchered dub of the movie that had nothing to do with Robotech. Apparently the foreign rights to DYRL are a bit of clusterfuck, which is why it never got a DVD release in the U.S. (even when they redubbed the original Macross back in the naughts).

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Guest wrote:
I wonder how they feel about To Kill a Mockingbird
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 pm

No black man has ever been a rapist.
TKAM is beloved by catladies.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:21 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 pm
No black man has ever been a rapist.
Which would mean that women can lie about rape
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.