Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:57 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:35 am
Really wanted to watch the Patrick McGoohan episode because I love The Prisoner, the only true telekino.
There's two.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:57 am

Weebs say don't bother with robotech. I find it interesting. It's not Macross, of course. It's completely its own thing. They chopped up a bunch of Macross footage with some other shit and then they hired english VAs and went their own way with a script. I think it actually turned out pretty alright. The animation is laughable by today's standards but it does feel suitably "epic" and like a proper space opera. Definitely cheesy and silly but also fun.

Only real problem I have with robotech is harmony gold are MASSIVE, and I mean MASSIVE cunts. Lindsay Ellis-sized Cunts.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:59 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:57 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:35 am
Really wanted to watch the Patrick McGoohan episode because I love The Prisoner, the only true telekino.
There's two.
There's like 4 actually. I know because those are my favorite episodes.

1 where he's a drill instructor
1 where he's a spy
1 where he's a mortician
1 where he's a politician

Could be another, but I think that's all. It's also noteworthy that he produced a lot of the episodes he starred in. I think he has a writing/directing credit on some. I suppose he must have really enjoyed working on Columbo. I think his work in the later columbo movies (the last two I mentioned) are some of the best episodes of Columbo ever made.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:00 pm

He directed or wrote a number of Prisoner episdoes too, but not the most kino episode, Hammer into Anvil.
rabidtictac wrote:
Weebs say don't bother with robotech. I find it interesting.
Its a curiosity piece. Which isnt a bad thing itself but its probably not worth your time, or as an alternative to just watching SDF Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada.
rabidtictac wrote:
Only real problem I have with robotech is harmony gold are MASSIVE, and I mean MASSIVE cunts. Lindsay Ellis-sized Cunts.
Lindsey jumping onto the Robotech fandom when?

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:10 am
Anyone here have experience with Macross/Robotech? I know that the latter was a composite show made out of multiple series a la Voltron and it’s later seasons, but I noticed amazon prime has several versions, including the original broadcast.
You shouldn't bother with any version in my opinion, robotech is forced mix of three series thah in their own don't have too much quality to begin with, instead try to watch other mech stuff of the 80s like Dougram for example.

Speaking of american versions of other anime I remember watching teknoman (tekkaman blade) and I noticed that some episodes lasted 10-15 in some cases and also a strange secondary "female" character that was just weird, years later I saw the original and it had more episodes, no censor of the blood (the series is not even that gory at all) and of course the weird character was a tranny in reality, the one time the burgers try to stop japan degeneracy :lol: , well and the series was watchable despise the shitty animation and the typical fillers for an almost 50 episodes series.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:29 pm

The only good Japanimation butchered by the baka gaijin is Saber Rider. I think that migth be because the original wasn't all that great to begin with, so there was less to fuck up.

And the only Macross I'd watch is Macross 7, because mechs controlled with J-Rock sounds just stupid enough to be fun.

(Then again, I haven't really looked up all the Macross waifus.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:36 pm

About saber rider the most notorious change was how they forced the rider as the main characters when the driver guy was clearly the one, he even sit in the middle in the mech transformation :lol: .

The only watchable macross stuff are the movie and plus, mostly because of animation.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Too bad Mr. Speed Racer had a fat car while the Burger had a rad robo-horse. Dude never stood a chance over here.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:56 am
dont bother with robotech, ever
Correct. Only for a very select, dying breed of Gen-X neckbeards like Bennet the Sage.

Bobito wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:36 pm
The only watchable macross stuff are the movie and plus, mostly because of animation.
Probably true. Macross: Do You Remember Love has aged really, really well. The others not so much.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:10 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Weebs say don't bother with robotech. I find it interesting. It's not Macross, of course. It's completely its own thing. They chopped up a bunch of Macross footage with some other shit and then they hired english VAs and went their own way with a script. I think it actually turned out pretty alright. The animation is laughable by today's standards but it does feel suitably "epic" and like a proper space opera. Definitely cheesy and silly but also fun.

I can definitely appreciate Robotech for those reasons, and have even heard some people say the story they told was actually compelling. Granted one of those people was Faggot Josh so that’s not encouraging. :lol: And I’m well versed in Harmony Gold’s cuntery. I like the theories that they’re in illegal businesses and the cartoons are a front. Whoever is in charge just hates Robotech fans I think.

Macross is waifu central from what I know. I always see the songstress characters in various merch and other stuff.

Ah yeah, Tekkaman is a Tatsunoko property, that’s why it sounded familiar. I’ve yet to delve into all their work, but I’m a bit fan of Casshern, both the OG series and the reimagining.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.