Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:39 pm

Isn’t The Rising of Vic Mignogna the Shield Hero supposed to be decent despite having an obligatory isekai protagonist? Why even bother when you can just create a fantasy world.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:51 pm

I'm watching Akira Toriyama's penultimate anime, "Sand Land". This is fun. Wish it wasn't CGI, but that's probably the only way they could afford to do it. The first 6 episodes adapt the manga and from then on is new material.

It's interesting how much the culture has changed compared to the Dragon Ball Z days. The protagonists are very careful not to kill anyone. In the second story arc they're given stun weapons.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:24 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:39 pm
Isn’t The Rising of Vic Mignogna the Shield Hero supposed to be decent despite having an obligatory isekai protagonist? Why even bother when you can just create a fantasy world.
Supposedly it needs really shit on Season 3. I don't know because I never watched it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:46 am

I see it ultimately succumbed to the isekai curse.
Old Black Man wrote:
Why even bother when you can just create a fantasy world.
Because then you're missing out on all the latest trends and memes. Plus you can't flex your vague understanding of how video games are supposed to work (if the isekai world is some kind of video game).
It's extra stupid with this resurrection isekaishit. The MC just has memories and hobbies from a different life. From everyone else's perspective the guy is a Chūnibyō at best and a straight-up shizo at worst.

Just imagine Record of Lodoss War if Parn had vivid memories about playing Dungeons & Dragons.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:28 am

"Wait a minute Karla, it states right here in the Player's Handbook that possessing a cleric doesn't give you access to her divine spellcasting! Stop cheating!"

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:18 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:12 pm
>resurrection isekai animu that's probably also haremshit
Who hurt you?
Life

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:46 am
I see it ultimately succumbed to the isekai curse.
Old Black Man wrote:
Why even bother when you can just create a fantasy world.
Because then you're missing out on all the latest trends and memes. Plus you can't flex your vague understanding of how video games are supposed to work (if the isekai world is some kind of video game).
It's extra stupid with this resurrection isekaishit. The MC just has memories and hobbies from a different life. From everyone else's perspective the guy is a Chūnibyō at best and a straight-up shizo at worst.

Just imagine Record of Lodoss War if Parn had vivid memories about playing Dungeons & Dragons.
I see now, can we at least get something like “I was a DHI shitposter, now I am a wandering swordsman” or something?
Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:51 pm
I'm watching Akira Toriyama's penultimate anime, "Sand Land". This is fun. Wish it wasn't CGI, but that's probably the only way they could afford to do it. The first 6 episodes adapt the manga and from then on is new material.

It's interesting how much the culture has changed compared to the Dragon Ball Z days. The protagonists are very careful not to kill anyone. In the second story arc they're given stun weapons.
I wanna check that one out, it looks really solid and reminds me of his more light hearted work. I just now caught up with DB Super and am going over his non Dragon Ball properties in memory of him. Speaking of I hope they don’t manage to fuck that franchise up good and proper now that he’s gone.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:29 pm

DHI Shitposter Reincarnated in a World of Desperate 30-something Wombyn
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:51 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 pm
I see now, can we at least get something like “I was a DHI shitposter, now I am a wandering swordsman” or something?
Konosuba it's pretty much that.
It's the only isekaishit that i watch, because it's a comedy and not something you are supposed to take seriously like Sword Fart and the rest.
It's not as good as Gintama, but it does its job.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:29 pm

Complicity wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:51 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 pm
Konosuba it's pretty much that.
It's the only isekaishit that i watch, because it's a comedy and not something you are supposed to take seriously like Sword Fart and the rest.
It's not as good as Gintama, but it does its job.
Oh yeah, I only know that one because of Aqua and her invisible panties.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:29 pm
DHI Shitposter Reincarnated in a World of Desperate 30-something Wombyn
I’d pay good money to see this.