Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Toriko would be another good example of manime if not for the pg-rated anime adaptation.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:46 pm

I only accept dragonball up to DBZ SSJ2 goku vs Majin Vegeta fight.
The Cell saga was awesome still but the Buu saga got too retarded for me.
GT is bullshit too and now this new garbage with forms like super saiyan super gosu god goku level 2 super god saiyan or whatever its getting fucking ridiculous.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Don't forget the literal asspulls with the other super sayians by feeling a tingle on your back.

DBZS is literally just star wars.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:31 pm

sigh wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:26 pm
It's DARLING in the FRANXX. You fucked up the pun in the title.

At first I dismissed it after reading a crappy synopsis and seeing the promo poster, but after skimming through some threads
on /a/ I gave it a shot and I must say I did enjoy it through the first 5 episodes, in the 6th they resolved the only big plot-pont they had, with an underwhelming overhyped battle and slammed the breaks so hard that the 7th episode was a fucking beach episode. A beach episode in the middle of a cour of a mecha anime, and the bots are only in the opening in that episode, they even changed the ED to make it smoother. The PV for episode 8 doesn't include many reassuring elements, so if they don't find another source of conflict (other then the forced love-triangle drama) it will flop really hard.
Their post-apocalyptic society seems like some sort of a totalitarian regime with a bit of theocracy with the God-emperor called Papa at the top.
Ep 10 was really interesting. It finally gave us a glimpse of the Orwellian nightmare of a dystopia that the kids are unwittingly fighting for. There are hints that there is something wrong with the "Parasite" children, or at least they are perceived to be that way. This show could end up being "Evangelion done right".
お前はもう死んでいる。

sigh

Post by sigh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:06 pm

Yeah right
Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:31 pm
Ep 10
and we seemingly get back on track after:
a fucking beach episode,
a puberty hijinks episode (which I didn't think worked well just after the beach episode where the girls willingly showed more skin then during that battle and the guys didn't loose their shit quite as much)
Liar Revealed wrote:
It finally gave us a glimpse of the Orwellian nightmare of a dystopia that the kids are unwittingly fighting for.
but yeah any episode explaining the world is nice even if it is in a form of a info dump and is a only tell don't show nearly anything.
Liar Revealed wrote:
There are hints that there is something wrong with the "Parasite" children, or at least they are perceived to be that way.
loved the part where the president of P13 ignored 666's hand and when the granny told him basically to fuck off when she asked if they can be friends. At first I thought they are parasites on the society, but after granny disinfecting the room and the guards checking him up It seems more literal.
Going by how fast the lady gets exhausted from a simple conversation I presume they don't do much on their own, which begs the question why was she even outside, but I guess the plot had to progress somehow. Her existence seems unimaginably boring , but the guy seems enjoining himself so I guess it works out in the end.
Going by how the last couple of episodes where character driven I'm interested, will the fatass get one, or will he only get food to gorge on .
Liar Revealed wrote:
This show could end up being "Evangelion done right".
I wouldn't go so far, but I'm still waiting for the show to break and start spewing progressive bullshit, but somehow it still didn't happen.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:15 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
This show could end up being "Evangelion done right".
Evangelion was "Evangelion done right," you cunt.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:15 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:15 am
Evangelion was "Evangelion done right," you cunt.
LOL. No.
Even Anno doesn't think so, as he keeps remaking it over and over to try and get it right.
お前はもう死んでいる。

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:22 pm

https://www.animefeminist.com/discourse ... vs-franxy/
Given the name of the site I wouldn't expect anything different, but It still is an interesting introspection to how those people think. Comments are amazing as well.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:06 pm

I did not need to know that site exists.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:04 pm

>Anime
>feminist

Pick one or the other.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette