Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:52 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:07 pm
It jumps straight into him getting the cloth and I'm like, "it feels like there's a training episode missing where all of this exposition was supposed to go."
And then it jumps right into a tournament arc after that! :lol:
But it gets better as it goes.
お前はもう死んでいる。

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:00 am

I'm game to roll with it. Its kind of the rule of the game with most Shonen.

Like how in One Piece they apparently didn't call a single main villain until Arlong. Or a lot of things about DBZ.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:19 am

Sounds like an English dub thing? The main bad guys before Arlong were Kuro, Don Krieg and Buggy. You're tellin' me they didn't get named or something?

EDIT: Oh, and Morgan or however that axe guy was called. Also that Alvida. I am deeply ashamed of my rusty OP lore.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:12 am

Would be odd for Cuntimation to pull something like that, they're pretty good about maintaining the original feel with their OP dub - may have just been an anime thing and not a mango thing.

I definitely understand Buggy and Morgan, Kuro was the one that I thought was kind of weird. Definitely seemed like he got iced after Syrup Village.

Also - the OG Digimon (Adventure, the nip version - to be specific) - is actually good and I don't know how I feel like that. The dub is not great and hasn't aged well but the actual series is very watchable.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:34 am

Kuro was basically just a starter villain before the actual overarching plot got moving. Don't think we'll see him again outside one of those single-panel shorts he sometimes puts in front of a chapter.

And it's not just the nip version of Digimen. I think it wasn't until Tamers that we started to censor anything (and that was mostly because of naked underaged henshin sequences). We even got a German cover of the klessik nip opening that is so iconic they covered it again for Digimon Tri despite not replacing any of the other songs in this OVA thingie.

And with that you no longer have to watch Tri. This is as good as it gets, folks. Unless you love furry kitties :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:13 am

I didn't enjoy one piss before Crocodile came along, honestly. I was thinking to myself the series was kind of shit, but then Kuro and the Baratie arcs happened, and they were ok... Then Croc arc happened and it was good. Some of the best characters, like Robin and Chopper, are introduced somewhat late for main characters. Brooks and the whole Thriller Bark story arc were standouts for me.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:10 am

I think the Alabasta Arc was when Oda nailed down his story arc format. It was certainly longer than the previous one and felt much grander. Crocodile was also the first one to really curbstomp Luffy.

Thriller Bark was another fun one. Crazy nonsense from start to finish, Nami almost getting raped, and who doesn't like Brook? He only cares about bad puns and panties, which is something I am sure everyone can empathize with. He might only be bones and an afro, but he's truly living the human condition.

Thriller Bark also had this, which puts any fight scene from JoJo to shame:
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:11 pm

I tried watching One Piece via Netflix back when they mailed you the DVDs. And then at some point, I think it was around Skypiea, Netflix just stopped carrying the show. And there was nothing I could do as torrents weren't really a thing then.

Obviously, I'm so far behind now I could never catch up. And I don't even really remember much about those episodes I did see anymore.

Aren't there movies where they condense/remake the story arcs? I'd rather just watch those at this point.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:15 pm

I don't really keep up with the OP movies, but there is one movie that is basically an abridged Alabasta Arc (with the unwieldly title of One Piece Movie: The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta), and another strange one that appears to be a retelling of the Drum Kingdom Arc, except with the then-current crew (aka with characters that didn't even exist during the original arc).
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:22 pm

I've seen the Alabaster movie. It was one of Fagimation's first OP productions and I got it from Redbox.