Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Did that guy also get shanked like that China-loving politician?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 pm
Did that guy also get shanked like that China-loving politician?
I do remember the name of that commie scum that got shanked-- Inejiro Asanuma.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:47 pm

I remember the Japanese-english language dude being mentioned in lady snowblood (the manga, didn't see the movie).

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:23 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 am
Are you fuckers daft or ignorant? We're talking about a nation here that changed entirely after allied occupation. They barely have any actual Japanese culture left. It's only a matter of time with them. Resistant to change my ass.
Yes. It really started even earlier, and yes, the USA was behind it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Expedition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakumatsu

They've looked up to, envied, and emulated the Americans for a long time. I remember in college we were taught about some Japanese Meiji-era politician that advanced the idea of abolishing the Japanese language in favor of English.
That was always about becoming powerful though. They wanted to modernize, industrialize, etc because otherwise they realized they would get colonized and torn apart like China. And they were absolutely right about that. What they've always admired about America is the world superpower gig. Same reason they still have a poorly concealed boner for WW1 and 2 eras Germany.

As for the complete change after WW2, they did that because they got firebombed and then nuked. It's not like it came easy.

Current year SJW crap obviously won't make Japan strong, quite the opposite, so unless President Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez decides to nuke them into compliance again in 2060 because of racist stereotypes in anime (wouldn't even be surprising the way the left is going), I don't think they're gonna be eager to get on that.

As for the weird way of calculating the birthrate, anything to get the kids legal for some irl lolicon/shotacon at a younger age, amirite?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:40 pm

There's like 40 years worth of japanese films specifically about the occupation and how rough the transition was. Entire genres of film sprung up around that time to catalogue the changes. Hell, the yakuza themselves were a product of postwar instability. Sort of like the italian mafia and immigrant communities in America.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:40 pm

I've been watching Death Note today because I thought I ought to know it. So far, it's actually good.
Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:32 pm
As for the complete change after WW2, they did that because they got firebombed and then nuked. It's not like it came easy.
Germany is in it's fucked state thanks to sixty+ years of indoctrination and occupation after the bombings. Japan, despite the nukes, didn't get it just that bad but all that wacky faggot shit people see as Nip culture has zero roots in actual Nip culture.
They have been damaged bad and they are doing progressively worse in a world where doing mediocre today means you're already behind.
What separates them from 3rd wold Untermenschen is that when they were forced to adapt, they could. Not unlike Germany, really. But that ability to adapt will lead them to their doom just the same eventually.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:36 am

Death Note stays good until the first major story arc is done with. You'll know when it happens. Everything after that is trash.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:44 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:36 am
Death Note stays good until the first major story arc is done with. You'll know when it happens. Everything after that is trash.
Yeah. I was really happy that the live-action films skipped that crap and went its own way. I really don't know what the mangaka was thinking. I guess he wrote himself into a corner.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:01 am

Oh, don't worry. My default (and completely correct) opinion about animu and mango is that it's total garbage. If it starts out good and remains so for a while, It's a winner.
It can't shit the bed harder than the Dune storyline.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:04 am

Supposedly the writer for Death Note was an IRL enemy of Koji Kumeta. Kumeta would make spats at him in his numerous obscure pre-SZS works.