Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 04, 2024 7:14 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 pm
As much as Marzgunt would like to pretend otherwise, dubbing usually results in an inferior product compared to the original. Nuances in voice work either can't be replicated in another language or won't be.
It's bad enough when you have to translate something at all. There is always stuff that gets lost in translation even with the best intentions.

But if you can at least listen to the delivery, tone and speaking mannerisms, even if you don't understand a single bit of the language, it helps immensely.

In theory the voice actor should preserve all those nuances. But that simply isn't possible in that way.
Even between modern English and German, two languages relatively closely related compared to some others, there are phrases and entire mannerisms of speech that just don't translate.
You can approximate pretty well but some nuance gets lost.

Now try to find a way to rephrase it with the added need to somewhat synchronise mouth movements.
It's a headache.

Subs have more liberty to rephrase sentences and conversations and while it's not exactly perfect, the benefit of hearing the original phrasing helps out a whole lot.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 07, 2024 4:03 pm

Autistic in Dungeon

Finally a fantasy animu that remembers the glory days of Record of Lodoss War. Not only is it based on D&D, but it's centered entirely around a megadungeon, as all good campaigns should be.
I'm currently only carefully optimistic though, because the magic-users is awfully useless for what appears to be a party of at least mid level (judging by how the Thief is not useless). I hope it's true they're just saving up her spell slots for the crazier shit in the lower floors.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 07, 2024 5:02 pm

A based version of D&D would have that title as the official tagline.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 07, 2024 5:28 pm

I could actually see Current Year D&D producing something with that title, albeit adjusted into "Neurodivergent in Dungeon" - for truly, the final frontier after the combat wheelchair is the combat retard.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 07, 2024 5:32 pm

Totally different take on that thing.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed May 08, 2024 1:07 am

Somebody on Facebook recommended Elfen Lied. A lot of tonal whiplash with that show. It had a very sad non-ending. The manga was still going, so the main villain didn't get defeated and the world-ending threat is not stopped.

I love Mamiko Noto's voice. She sounds exactly like this cute Chinese girl knew in Japan.
Another one of those girls I foolishly let get away. Ah well, she would have probably switched from sweet to a nagging dragon lady if I'd got into a relationship.
お前はもう死んでいる。

ebin namefag

Post by ebin namefag » Wed May 08, 2024 1:48 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:07 am
Facebook
*sigh*
Liar Revealed wrote:
Elfen Lied
You're only just now watching that?
Liar Revealed wrote:
I love Mamiko Noto
Back off she's mine.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am
The secret is to stop thinking.
Uguuboi wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm
Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 08, 2024 10:15 am

Retarded in Dungeon sounds interesting. Odd that anime is only now discovering the concept of eating dungeon monsters. That's an idea that dates back at least as far as the original Rogue, if not tabletop.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed May 08, 2024 10:28 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Somebody on Facebook recommended Elfen Lied. A lot of tonal whiplash with that show. It had a very sad non-ending. The manga was still going, so the main villain didn't get defeated and the world-ending threat is not stopped.
The manga was disaster, IMO.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Wed May 08, 2024 12:32 pm

I'm gonna have to rewatch Azumanga Daioh now that the zoomx can't stop talking about it. Think my memories will live up to bitter, geriatric Uguu?