Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:41 am

So I stumbled upon a webbum and thought it was cool. Looked kinda like One Punch Man. Turns out, it was but from the Road to Hero thingy.
I've decided to watch OPM. Watched Episodes 1&2 now and will likely watch the next two tonight as well.
My question is, when's the best moment to watch the Road to Hero and Special episodes? Are they supplementary or were they aired in between episodes? Because OPM seems to have only 12 episodes excluding specials, which seems few since that's easily watchable in a single day.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:50 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:41 am
So I stumbled upon a webbum and thought it was cool. Looked kinda like One Punch Man. Turns out, it was but from the Road to Hero thingy.
I've decided to watch OPM. Watched Episodes 1&2 now and will likely watch the next two tonight as well.
My question is, when's the best moment to watch the Road to Hero and Special episodes? Are they supplementary or were they aired in between episodes? Because OPM seems to have only 12 episodes excluding specials, which seems few since that's easily watchable in a single day.
From what i get Road to Hero takes places before episode 1 chronologically (don't know if it spoil anything though), OVA episode 1 is after episode 2, Ova episode 3 after episode 4, Ova episo 4 after episode 7 and besides that i can assume you'll have to look up where it might fit in

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:15 am

I only read the mango, so I can't help you there.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:07 am

OPM S2 is probably gonna suck. Thanks JC Staff.
I stopped reading Murata;s manga when I ran out of translations, didn't pick it back up. This was, maybe, three years ago.
I did read most of Mob Psycho 100, bretty gud.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Okay, so I found the OVAs to be pretty skippable. Doesn't take long to watch them but they aren't all that interesting. Road to Hero and the season proper were pretty good, though.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:30 pm

I recently watched Blade of the Immortal. The anime was great, but it's one of those anime that just ends with no conclusion due to catching up with the manga.
I watched Miike's live-action adaptation, too. Actually, I watched it first, but I'd recommend watching it last because it actually does have a proper conclusion. It's a really well-done adaptation and I wish Hollywood would take note on how to do it right.

I'm checking out Citrus because Anime News Network were tying themselves in knots over it. They're really supportive of the pseudo-lesbian aspects of it, but they get triggered by the non-consensual advances. From what I've seen so far in the first two eps, it's just standard yuri trash.

EDIT: Watched episode 3. So it seems there's an attempted lez rape every episode. What a gimmick! :lol:
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:32 am

You gotta read the Blade mango. I can't imagine enjoying Blade of the Immortal without that particular art style.

I watched an episode of Garo. Kind of interesting, but didn't really grab me.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 am

So besides the one-rape-per-episode rule, I have to give Citrus some recognition for its stellar animation. It's great and there's so much attention to detail and realism.
It's a shame that this studio isn't working on Berserk.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:32 am
You gotta read the Blade mango. I can't imagine enjoying Blade of the Immortal without that particular art style.
I've been trying to track it all down on the torrents, but haven't been able to find all the volumes.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:14 am

kickthekitty's blog as HQ Dark Horse scans.
Theres digital rips of the artist's new series about radio or some nonsense that you can find on the goddess or searching desuarchive for mega links

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:36 am

ANN money problems? Some of their "journalism" samples:
お前はもう死んでいる。