Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:03 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:34 am
I've forgotten a lot about DB. Once I've powered through Dune: Chapterhouse I'll re-read the mango. It's been a while and DB was a very fun read the first time around.
Good idea. Read it all and then come back here and see if you agree with the current "Cell and Buu saga a shit" DHI meta. :lol: I definitely do. I read Cell again recently and it sucked fucking ass.

I definitely recommend the manga over all other ways to experience dragon ball. The anime is drawn out to fuck and has tons of filler and bad animation.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:03 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:34 am
I've forgotten a lot about DB. Once I've powered through Dune: Chapterhouse I'll re-read the mango. It's been a while and DB was a very fun read the first time around.
Good idea. Read it all and then come back here and see if you agree with the current "Cell and Buu saga a shit" DHI meta. :lol: I definitely do. I read Cell again recently and it sucked fucking ass.

I definitely recommend the manga over all other ways to experience dragon ball. The anime is drawn out to fuck and has tons of filler and bad animation.
I still think the Buu saga was worse than the Cell one
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 am

It was. The Cell saga had a little bit of interesting stuff at the beginning.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 am

Charlar wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am
That's why I said Cell saga was the second worst Dragon Ball arc. With Cell, at least you could see what Toriyama was trying to do. With Buu, I don't know what the fuck he was trying to do. I wouldn't even accept 'restore the status quo' because there are just too many points where it was clear that wasn't what he was trying to do.

Buu saga also makes Cell saga retroactively worse
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 am

Isn't the DB anime turned to shit? Dunno about story-wise, 'cause I don't care, but I watched the couple first episodes, and the animation was pretty good then. When I watched a random new episode, the animation was utter crap.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 am

If you're talking about Super then yes, the animation's shit. It's so bad that Toriyama actually had to step in personally
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:31 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 am
Charlar wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am
That's why I said Cell saga was the second worst Dragon Ball arc. With Cell, at least you could see what Toriyama was trying to do. With Buu, I don't know what the fuck he was trying to do. I wouldn't even accept 'restore the status quo' because there are just too many points where it was clear that wasn't what he was trying to do.

Buu saga also makes Cell saga retroactively worse
How would rank the Buu saga to the stuff in Super and GT?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:47 am

Charlar wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:31 am
How would rank the Buu saga to the stuff in Super and GT?
I've seen very little of Super. But the first couple arcs were just the new movies redone with worse animation and I have to say that the new movies (and the Shounen Jump special they did back in 2008) are easily better than the Buu saga.

What else I've seen of Super is probably worse than the Buu saga.

As for GT, Super 17 was just pure shit. The other arcs had interesting concepts but rather bland execution. I don't think any of them were as confused as Buu saga although the last battle was approaching it. It hit exactly the same beats.

Generally speaking, Dragon Ball ended way too late as it was and continuing it with anything other than fun little one-offs like the Shounen Jump special or the two new movies was probably a mistake.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:02 am

I've never seen GT and don't intend to. The actual manga stopped after the Boo saga, with a last bit of text from Toriyama that it's the end and that he wanted to stop much earlier. I won't suffer through the anime again. Did that as a kid and even then stuff was too drawn out. The manga has a MUCH better pace.

We were super hyped back in the day for GT after it was announced a year or so after Z. Then it was delayed and delayed and delayed some more. I think it finally came years later and by that point I didn't care anymore. Especially not when I heard about the dozen super mega ultra sayan god blue turbo hyper sayan super sand legend forms and all that shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Don't forget that it was also cut and edited to shit when it aired.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette