Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:00 am

Kugel's ideal mech:

As for head or torso cockpits, I guess it depends on the actual size of the robot, the size of a regular human and the size of the generator (plus whatever insulation you need for the generator to not cook the pilot and/or give him cancer). A Mobile Suit is big enough that you can just sit in the torso, but if you're unlucky you get some tiny-ass Knightmare Frame from Code Geass where you have to sit in a literal backpack because there's nowhere else for your ass to go.
Then you have BattleTech which defaults to head cockpits on paper, but more often than not the "head" is more like "the general area around the cockpit".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:04 am

Mobile suits I like because the rules are simple. Head is sensors, lose those and you’re blind. Torso is destroyed, you’re dead.

Code Geass definitely had a weird design, having to straddle your seat like a rice rocket (at least that one chick did) seems very difficult from a tactical standpoint

Vital Suits from Lost Planet, now those are cool.

Now Kugel, does REX count as a mech?

On the other hand, if you wanna get interesting…

I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:54 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:04 am
Code Geass definitely had a weird design, having to straddle your seat like a rice rocket (at least that one chick did) seems very difficult from a tactical standpoint
She's literally the only one with a cockpit like that, because of course the main pilot waifu gets a stupid prototype mech with a fanservice cockpit.

Though that's still not as retarded as Knights & Magic, which has a two-pilot mecha using both types of seats, just so some secondary protagonist can stare at his sister's ass all day.

I can almost understand it with the Code Geass' Guren because the cockpit is elongated and doesn't have enough height to actually sit like a normal person, but this setup is just stupid. It takes up more space than just slapping in two regular chairs.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:39 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:54 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:04 am
She's literally the only one with a cockpit like that, because of course the main pilot waifu gets a stupid prototype mech with a fanservice cockpit.

Though that's still not as retarded as Knights & Magic, which has a two-pilot mecha using both types of seats, just so some secondary protagonist can stare at his sister's ass all day.

I can almost understand it with the Code Geass' Guren because the cockpit is elongated and doesn't have enough height to actually sit like a normal person, but this setup is just stupid. It takes up more space than just slapping in two regular chairs.
Of course that’s his sister. Didn’t Darling in the Franxx get people all ass blasted for doing the same thing?

Ever seen Broken Blade? I’ve been told it’s a good magic mecha series.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:43 am

The only good magic mecha show is Rayearth, with maybe Escaflowne depending on how magitek you think the tech is there.
Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:39 am
Of course that’s his sister. Didn’t Darling in the Franxx get people all ass blasted for doing the same thing?
Darling was at least one step more retarded by having the main pilot's controls installed on the waifus ass.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:16 am

Rayearth and Escaflowne are both two I enjoy. Never finished the second season of Rayearth though. Heard it’s kind of a waste of time?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:56 am

Is that the one were they had to invent an identical twin of a character they'd killed off (even though she never died in the manga)?
The only highlight of the second half is the Annoying Chinese Loli, which was such a smash hit that the animu adaptation of Cardcaptor Sakura made up its own Annoying Chinese Loli (at least according to my theory).
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:17 pm

Yeah, that was such a dumb call. Isn’t Rayearth a pretty short manga too? Don’t know how they milked more out of it…and don’t get me started on the movie.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:19 pm

The length of the manga doesn't matter if the manga ain't finished when you're doing the anime.
Probably also didn't help that the anime finished before the manga did.

Though It would've been wise to ask CLAMP if it's okay to kill off a character.

EDIT: Thinking more about Code Geass and its table-loving waifus, having a backpack cockpit would give you excellent meat protection from the front, since you have your entire mech serving as cover.
The problem however is that even in the first season (before everyone and their mother could fly) the mechs were able to do absurd parkour tricks (well at least the named pilots who remembered their mechs effectively had 3D Maneuver Gear before Attack on Titan was even a thing), so you can never be sure about the direction the enemy will be firing from.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:10 pm

The end of the official Ultraman channel's Taro run is immediately followed by the start of the next series: Ultraman Leo.

It's mostly remembered for bringing back an earlier protagonist (Ultrasaven) as a mentor, as well as that one time in episode 40 were the writers decided to break up the status quo by killing off the entire defense team.
-Yours Truly