Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:19 pm

Something odd about the Sand Land translation is that they're soft-censoring "religious" terminology. Satan is translated as "Lucifer", Akuma is translated as "fiend" instead of the more common "devil" or "demon".
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:29 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 pm
I see now, can we at least get something like “I was a DHI shitposter, now I am a wandering swordsman” or something?
"I used to be a DHI shitposter, but then I got hit by a truck and ended up reincarnated as The Lightbringer from Linkara's infamous webcomic"
Speaking of I hope they don’t manage to fuck that franchise up good and proper now that he’s gone.
If they haven't figured out by know how to write a serviceable DBZ story arc for a movie or season, then all hope is lost.
Complicity wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:51 pm
It's the only isekaishit that i watch, because it's a comedy and not something you are supposed to take seriously like Sword Fart and the rest.
Is it just a comedy in general, or one of those isekai animu that try to mask the stink of isekaishit by being ironic isekaishit?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:03 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:29 pm
DHI Shitposter Reincarnated in a World of Desperate 30-something Wombyn
Nobody's going to watch a show about gilfing unless they're sickos.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:20 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:29 pm
Is it just a comedy in general, or one of those isekai animu that try to mask the stink of isekaishit by being ironic isekaishit?
Just a comedy in general, and more a parody of fantasy/jrpgs than a parody of isekaishit.
In the whole show there have been a total of 3 isekai moments in it:
1. At the beginning of the first episode, the protag dies while pushing a random gurl away from an incoming truck.
Except that it was a tractor and not a truck.
And it was so slow that it wasn't going to run over anyone.
And the protag died with a fear induced heart attack, and pissed himself while at it.
2. One of the minor characters is also a Japanese reincarnated - he's the stereotypical Dragon Quest hero, and worships the goddess (the blue haired girl) who sent him in the fantasy world to kill the Demon King, despite her not even remembering who he is.
3. It is revealed that multiple major threats in the world were accidentally created by one of the countless Japanese otakus who were sent there by the goddess to defeat the Demon King, and apparently all of them gave up out of laziness and literally became Spoony.
Because of this long dead guy, the golems in the world look like mechas and robotic maids.
The clan of the loli magician with the eyepatch (all of them act like chunis) was also created by him.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:29 pm
DHI Shitposter Reincarnated in a World of Desperate 30-something Wombyn
How is that different from real life?
I mean misandry is a form of desperation.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:46 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:39 pm
Why even bother when you can just create a fantasy world.
Because then you're missing out on all the latest trends and memes. Plus you can't flex your vague understanding of how video games are supposed to work (if the isekai world is some kind of video game).
It's extra stupid with this resurrection isekaishit. The MC just has memories and hobbies from a different life. From everyone else's perspective the guy is a Chūnibyō at best and a straight-up shizo at worst.

Just imagine Record of Lodoss War if Parn had vivid memories about playing Dungeons & Dragons.
The worst case is probably Overlord.
The show could have been decent if the protagonist was just a lich, who has no problem killing innocents because he's a lawful evil lich.
The fact that in reality the guy is a World of Warcrafter makes the show infuriatingly bad.
It's like watching Movieblob or Linkara with actual power.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:54 am

After years of virus-related Dark Times, Hatsune of the Miku is finally back to touring the world in the holographic flesh.
This fall she's gonna tour in Europe once again, and this time Krauts have the choice between Dusseldorf and Berlin.
Are you ready to be miku-miku'd?

(She's already touring in Burgerland this April and May, so I hope you've already gotten your tickets uwu)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:17 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:19 pm
Something odd about the Sand Land translation is that they're soft-censoring "religious" terminology. Satan is translated as "Lucifer", Akuma is translated as "fiend" instead of the more common "devil" or "demon".
Is this is in sub or dub? I want to watch the series myself.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:22 pm

Isn't this normal for Toriyama stuff? Just remember Mr. Satan from DBZ.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:30 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:17 pm
Liar Revealed wrote:
Both. Satan is even renamed Lucifer on the official English website.
https://sandland.jp/en/character/

But the main character being named "Beelzebub" is OK somehow. I don't get it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:35 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:30 pm
It sounds less evil.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:46 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:30 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:17 pm
Liar Revealed wrote:
Both. Satan is even renamed Lucifer on the official English website.
https://sandland.jp/en/character/

That’s stupid, also no surprise that he looks like Dabura from DBZ. Hell even Zeu looks like an old version from one of the Super’s 11th universe characters.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.