Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Seele

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Seele » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:24 am

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 pm
Can one of our resident weebs explain to me what the fuck this tu tu ru shit is? It's super annoying and a streamer I sometimes watch uses that as a sub notification.

It's from Stein's;Gate. She has autism.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:49 am

Seele wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:24 am
She has autism.
That would explain why they like her....
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:49 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:54 pm
mad bum wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:15 pm
I watched that because my friend had the dvds and netflix wasn't a thing yet, it's seriously one of those shows you'd be better using a guide with and just watching the 5 good episodes and save yourself a lot of time.
What do you think of this guide?
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/trigun
I've decided to check Trigun out, but don't want to deal with boring filler.
It will seem weird how the show was hyped so much at first since it seems like a dull, goofy anime but their is a big tonal shift later on. The ending feels a bit rushed but you watch a lot of anime so your used to shitty endings to a series, but it's one of the rare cases where the anime is better than the manga, which was a poorly drawn fucking mess of a thing. The art was so bad that I couldn't tell what the fuck was happening in the fight scenes, the only time I did was because I had seen it on the show and kind of knew what he was going for. I wish the ending to Trigun Maximum though was how the anime ended, the only advantage it has over it is that the ending isn't anti-climactic.

But fuck that filler list, Sin is filler? Are you fucking kidding me? It has the most memorable and powerful moment in the whole fucking series.
SpoilerShow
It's the episode where Vash kills Legato for those who have watched it
The fact that the second half has more filler than the first goes to show how retarded those weeb fucks are, if anything the earlier episodes are filler and the plot starts actually happening later on. It's a good show that has some of the weirdest fucking pacing I have ever seen.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:08 am

mad bum wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:49 am
Seele wrote:
She has autism.
That would explain why they like her....
Best gril from Steins Gate is actually Kurisu, for the same reason.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:30 am

Trigun has very little filler once you get about halfway through. Sounds to me like, as poonoo said, the weeb fucks are legit retarded. Most of the early stuff is just Vash being Vash to establish his character and the supporting cast. But once the story gets rolling, it gets serious real quick and I would argue has very little filler at all.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:39 am

I haven't interacted with the Trigun franchise in a long time so I don't remember jack shit, but are you sure their definition of filler isn't just "shit that didn't happen in the manga?" That's a more objective measure, not necisarily an indightment on quality.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:39 am
I haven't interacted with the Trigun franchise in a long time so I don't remember jack shit, but are you sure their definition of filler isn't just "shit that didn't happen in the manga?" That's a more objective measure, not necisarily an indightment on quality.
That would make more sense since that is when they differ greatly, but when I think filler I think shit like everyone training for the Saiyans to arrive or that gap before the Cell Games starts. The episodes they claim are filler are ones where things actually happen, but in the manga it doesn't at all since I don't think it was close to finished when he was writing it.

It's stupid to call it filler, filler is pointless episodes that aren't even canon that are done for the Mangaka to catch up, that's like calling the fucking Akira movie filler.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Seele wrote:
mad bum wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 pm
Can one of our resident weebs explain to me what the fuck this tu tu ru shit is? It's super annoying and a streamer I sometimes watch uses that as a sub notification.

She's also voiced by Ashly Burch in the official English dub. Make of that what you will.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:25 pm

Yeah, Trigun really has no filler. Take for instance the first 4 episodes which are considered filler because episode 5 is where the manga starts. They are mentioned and referred 2-3 times in later episodes and are just noteworthy for showing heroic deeds Vash accomplished, that he's not what his reputation is and characterises the other main characters for us.

The problem with that is that it causes Trigun to be horribly structured with extreme pacing issues. There really was no need for those first 4 episodes to be separate. You could easily have just scattered those events in amongst Vash's travels once the actual plot commences. What it does is simply weaken what should be the dramatic and narrative apex of the show.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Seele wrote:
And here I was hoping it had something to do with Princess Tutu, the manliest animu that ever was. Instead it's just another desu ni-pa~ nyoro~n de gozaru nya tic. Glorious Nippon really has a thing for moe-shaped Snarfs, doesn't it?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette