Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 pm

How many times do I have to say it, the This man isn't black line makes the saga worth watching. Though it's better out of context anyways.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 pm
Super just looked all bad, what made the Goku Nigger arc special?
Just about everything, about the only thing I can point out that I liked was giving Trunks the W. Even that doesn't really make any sense.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Are you really surprised? Any semblance of quality this franchise had went out of the window when Tao Pai Pai became a cyborg.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:11 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:24 pm
I know I'm late but wow is the Goku Black arc shit, even for Dragon Ball.
The final arc is the worst one. It's like an endurance test to get through it all.
お前はもう死んでいる。

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:03 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:11 pm
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:24 pm
I know I'm late but wow is the Goku Black arc shit, even for Dragon Ball.
The final arc is the worst one. It's like an endurance test to get through it all.
I've seen that last fight and some of Ultra Instinct, and I dig those parts but I'm told they're the highlights. :lol: :lol:

and Freeza's still a villain in Broly so that dumb as shit idea of a heel turn didn't seem to stick.

But Goku Black, we open on an evil Goku that's really fucking powerful. That's kind of dumb, but bearable. (I learned later that there was talk of bringing in Ian James Corlett to do the voice, but Sean Shitheel shut that down, that would have been fun but I guess we can't have anything fun).

Zamasu is dumb, because he watches two aliens fight and decides he wants to exterminate all mortals. He's especially cringey because you can tell that the Super writers are trying their best to create an original villain but they're just failing miserably because his motivations are so thin and he's so fucking lame. :lol: :lol:

We then learn that Goku Black in the future is Zamasu after he wished to switch bodies with Goku and there's another Zamasu in the future who has wished to be invincible. There are two Zamasu's because he killed his master, but its not the current reality of the show because Beerus killed a third Zamasu but that didn't just solve everything because it splintered the realities, meaning that original Zamasu is still alive. But original made the wish and then went to Trunks' reality and appealed to Trunks' reality Zamasu, and so they teamed up. I mean...I think that's what happened?

There's a whole bunch of shit that just happens to extend the arc. Like Goku forgets a critical part of the materials needed for the Mafuba, (because he's stupid lololololololol), so everything fucks up. And then right when Zamasu is winning and its clear they can't stop him he decides to fuse with Goku Black for no reason other than to give an opportunity for our heroes to win. And Trunks, despite having no real transformations kills this fucking guy for no other reason other than we need someone other than Goku or Vegeta to win. Like, I like Trunks, his initial introduction in Z was the coolest fucking thing in the universe to 7-year old me, so I'm not too mad about that but I was just ready to be done with this shit by this point.

The whole time the writer's have to sit and make excuses for why Beerus doesn't just end everything and even then the arc ends on an asspull when Goku remembers that he has the creator of the universe on fucking speed dial that he only conveniently remembers near the end of the arc. He calls Zeno and Zeno essentially erases the entire arc from existence. Its the worst fucking Deus Ex Machina.

Like, people shit on Buu and those criticisms aren't entirely unearned but this would be like if midway thru the saga Goku or whomever just realized they had a magic "kill Buu instantly" button and the whole thing was over.

Its interesting, because I think the Super movies (at least Battle of Gods and Broly) have gotten pretty good in contrast to the Z movies, but the series has gotten to be just as awful as some of the worst movies.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Don't remind me of the Goku Black arc. I can tolerate the rest of Super since I don't think is bad but that arc is complete shit.

As you said Zamasu is total crap. He's super emo and a whiny bitch.

The whole two Zamasus breaks Dragon Ball lore and it is like the writers didn't realize it. Already the fact it creates a time paradox with Goku Black happening due to Goku fighting Zamasu is a mess since that event only happens due to Goku meeting Black. Trunks's timeline is not part of the main timeline and until the reveal the time rings are only shown to forward or reverse time. Not change dimensions.

Goku is beyond brain damaged in this arc. The battle genius through the whole franchise forgetting stuff like Senzu Beans and the seal for the Mafuba and doing retarded tactics.

And you can tell how lazy they were with the arc since they didn't bother animated and voiced certain scenes. Black opening dimension rifts against Goku and Vegeta then it going to commercial break. Then it goes to Trunks and Mai fighting Zamasu. Then goes back to the Black fight and instead of rifts suddenly there are clones of Zamasu attacking Goku and Vegeta. Like WTF happened? I rewinded to make sure I didn't miss anything. That's how confusing it was.

And the ending was the final shit in the sandwich. The 2 Zamasus fusing for no reason. Retconning the Potara Fusion and thus making it no different than the Fusion Dance making it a waste of time in the match. Cock teasing Trunks to be the Slayer of Zamasu. Then him being alive wiping the planet and using Zeno as a Deus ex machina. It's a mess this arc. And I have people tell me it's one of the best of the franchise. It's the worst.

Only good things about the arc. They actually did the whole arc in new animation even the flashbacks unlike previously when they lifted the old animation for flashbacks. And Gohan going white power when Trunks leaves for the final time. :lol:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 pm

I don't understand why Toei started drawing Future Trunks differently by giving him blue hair instead of the correct purple color. He just looked "wrong" to me and was a constant irritation.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:57 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:03 am
And then right when Zamasu is winning and its clear they can't stop him he decides to fuse with Goku Black for no reason other than to give an opportunity for our heroes to win.
>invincible shounenshit villain does an unecessary "power-up" that serves no other purpose than to make him less invincible.

And there is my Bleach PTSD again. I'll be off watching Pretty Cure for the next week or so.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 pm
I don't understand why Toei started drawing Future Trunks differently by giving him blue hair instead of the correct purple color.
For two reasons
1) To distinguish him from Kid Trunks, even though no reasonable person would mix them up
and
2) Because the blue hair is technically correct in as much as he's supposed to have Bulma's hair colour. Of course, Toei screwed that up way back when, when they made Bulma's hair blue/turquoise as opposed to the purple it's supposed to be.

One of the two things the godawful Path to Power did right was colour Bulma's hair correctly
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:47 pm
2) Because the blue hair is technically correct in as much as he's supposed to have Bulma's hair colour. Of course, Toei screwed that up way back when, when they made Bulma's hair blue/turquoise as opposed to the purple it's supposed to be.

One of the two things the godawful Path to Power did right was colour Bulma's hair correctly
Here's the thing. Bulma originally debuted with blue hair. From the very first chapter as originally printed:
Toriyama quickly changed his mind I guess, as it's purple a couple chapters after:
So I would assume Toei got confused because of that.
Trunks has never had blue hair in the manga AFAIK.
お前はもう死んでいる。