Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:14 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:48 pm
I want my genuine neko girls back, not gay anime kawaii ones.
SpoilerShow
Neko Musume was the O.G. cat girl. She started out kind of ugly and over the decades has been rendered more and more "kawaii". I kind of like the "inbetween" era where she was kind of cute, but was odd and had that weird old hairstyle where the lower back of her head was shaved.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:02 pm

I think more chou kawaii desu catgirls should have the ability to hulk out into something that Shunji Itou might draw.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:14 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:40 am
Being the beta that I am I would love to have some girl want to give me any sort of attention.
Wanting attention is the first thing that will prevent getting any. Positive attention that is. Negative is easier but nothing to strive for.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Neko Musume was the O.G. cat girl. She started out kind of ugly FABULOUS and over the decades has been rendered more and more "kawaii" LAME.
I used to think that way too because I watched a few episodes of anime Kitaro here and there, but it turned out the very original form of Neko-musume was actually kinda kawaii human girl with cat curse/mutation or something.
SpoilerShow
The most up to date (2018) Nekomusume is kinda true to the original form I guess?? Also, Nekomusume is actually not that important character in manga. The only regular female character in manga Kitaro is actually Sunakake fucking Baba. Sunakake is the real waifu confirmed.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:55 pm

It's complicated. Those very first appearances the character was called simply "Neko" and she died. She's obviously the prototype for Neko-musume though. As you've demonstrated, the publication history for Gegege no Kitaro over the decades is extremely complex, and "continuity" is extremely messy.

I have a fondness for the 1985 anime as that's the first version I ever saw. That version also really solidified the Gegege no Family as we know it today.

Also, check out the Hakaba no Kitaro anime if you can find it. "Neko" appears in it, played by Shoko Nakagawa.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:18 pm

The lore of WeebWeeb no Kitaro is akin to a bottomless pit.

(No srsly, I might check dat stuff out.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Nigflix is redubbing Evangelion. No, I don't know why.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:22 pm
Nigflix is redubbing Evangelion. No, I don't know why.
To prototype their upcoming woke-as-fuck live action Eva adaptation that they're planning for release in the near future, of course.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Wasn't the dub for that show really shitty, like all 20th century dubs?
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Its iffy. I haven't watched the dub in a real long time though.
I doubt Netflicks could do better. Guaranteed to be full of nergroid diversity hires I'm sure.
I know >dubs but NGE even in its worst aspects is iconic and should be left alone.