Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Literal space wizards have always felt fucking bizarre in a setting that was one of the grandfathers of "War is srs bsns" mecha shows.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:01 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:58 pm
I was under the impression that the Gundam Alex pilot from War in the Pocket was a newtype. Guess not.
The Gundam was built especially for Newtypes, because it was supposed to replace the original Gundam. The test pilot is not a Newtype though
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Yeah, it's why Bernie's last fight is so tense, because on one hand he knows he can destroy that thing to give Zeon an edge but at the same time you wish one of them was a Newtype so they could avoid killing each other but reality reared its ugly head and things happened exactly like a duel between two soldiers on the battlefield.

The irony of space wizards was that Japan loved them and it's why things like Dougram and Votoms tanked before the whole revelation about Chirico being X-Men's Domino nearly 8 years before Domino was even conceived or her powers. Heck, Dragonar tanked because it was "too basic" without space wizards, even though it made some amazing strides in animation and features one of the first works of Masami Obari in the opening :

Best Gundam expy show by far.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:12 pm

There are some inevitable inconsistencies in the OVAs to forced them with the main series, like deleting blueprints in the several paralel ms development projects(of course they couldn't made the 08th ms team of just GM's, would sell like shit for example) but in general those are details that fit ok in the timeline but if we count novel and mangas the quantity of gundams and pseudo newtypes is ridiculous, putting aside the soy of nu-UC.

Dragonar sucks ball, the only good thing is the opening :lol: , i prefer a similar show with kids like vifam instead.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:20 pm

Yeah, I noticed that. AFAIK, Vanilla Gundam only had a single actual Gundam for the entire One Year War. But then every spin-off that happened to be set during the OYW seems to hand out custom Gundams to everyone.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:23 pm

Those are fighting words my boy, unless you want to imply that a show about an american-japanese chad, a britbong and a nigguh aren't material for awesome, testosterone-fileld, manly chadventures?

I rest my case. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He warned youShow

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:28 pm

Well for what I recall I watched like 10 episodes and then I dropped it, maybe later improves who knows. For example I was about to drop ZZ after 15-16 episodes and i gave it the chance mostly because I played the games before and when they arrive at earth it greatly improves, later the last arc in space isnt that good but it was better than the startof the series.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:36 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:23 pm
Those are fighting words my boy, unless you want to imply that a show about an american-japanese chad, a britbong and a nigguh aren't material for awesome, testosterone-fileld, manly chadventures?

This show's so progressive, Netflix just has to remake it!
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:41 pm

You know they will :mrgreen: , with the surprise ending of Kaine confessing to Meio instead of Linda until he finds out that Linda was actually Meio's brother originally, before becoming his "sister". :lol:

Relax Bobito, I was just joking. Dragonar is like most non-gundam "real" robots of the time. If it wasn't directed by Takahashi, it was roguh around the edges and to this day is very niche. I loved the whole show, start to finish but almost a decade has gone by ever since I saw it so, maybe I don't remember it as well. As for ZZ...I liked it as well, from start to finish, despite the memetic first half but I was genuinly disappointed when they dropped the iconic opening. You just can't go wrong with any version of it :

And the animation on the opening...best Gundam tv opening by far :

It also helps that I like the work of Judeau's VA and the whole time I was picturing Dark Schneider from Bastard verbally trashing Zeon fags and getting bitches hot. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come to think of it, I might get around to rewatching those two series. Lord knows they're better than anything on tv right now, be it cartoon, animu or whatever series.
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:41 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:20 pm
Yeah, I noticed that. AFAIK, Vanilla Gundam only had a single actual Gundam for the entire One Year War. But then every spin-off that happened to be set during the OYW seems to hand out custom Gundams to everyone.
There was more than one Gundam. Amuro even got resupplied with one later. The reason for that is White Base was being used as a testbed for combat-testing new technology after its repeated successes. But the Gundam was a prototype unit not fit for mass production. Amuro started piloting it in the research area where it was built, along with the Guncannon and Guntank. The Gundam was just too expensive to equip to soldiers, so the Federation designed the GM using the basic Gundam design. A GM is essentially just a mass-produced, shittier Gundam. It was still superior to the Zaku Mk II, which was Zeon's main mobile suit for a majority of the war.

Guncannons and Guntanks went on to be mass-produced. Guntanks were extremely useful in the ground war because artillery always is. Norris goes after the Guntanks in 08th MS Team because those are the real threats to the military situation on the ground at that time.

The Ground type Gundam is just a souped-up GM. The ground GM and ground Gundam aren't that different. Unlike the prototype Gundam, the Ground Gundam is not equipped with any laser weapons except a single beam saber. It only has a single vulcan cannon, rather than twin vulcans. The primary weapon it carries is typically a machine gun comparable to what Zaku II's carried. Or sometimes a long cannon for artillery shelling. Obviously, for marketing purposes, the Gundam was created by the show's writers so that a series called "mobile suit gundam" would have a Gundam in it. But it's just a GM.

The Alex is another prototype. Basically all gundams in the UC 0079 war period were prototypes. The feddies only perfected mobile suits late into the war, and they went with the GM and Guntank Mass Production Model as their workhorses. Stardust Memory shows an even greater amalgamation of technology in the immediate postwar, where GMs and Zakus are being heavily modified to the point they surpass the early prototype gundam models. And then you have Zeta Gundam era suits like the Hizack which completely eclipse earlier technology while still being mass-produced.

Sorry for the excessive autism.

If you ever want a really good UC mobile suit gundam game, there are a couple I can suggest that accurately portray the feeling of the different MS strengths relative to each other.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome