Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Dehbashi

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Dehbashi » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:25 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:49 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:29 pm
If Harmony Gold is actually dead, I'd like to see a source. Because I've been hearing that for decades now and I don't believe it.

Last I heard, some sort of streaming Macross deal was cut with Disney+, but Harmony Gold was still preventing Macross and Do You Remember Love from being part of that package outside of Japan. You know, the heart of the franchise.
Yeah not quite dead, just desperate enough to deal with Disney and Hulu, according to Bounding Into Comics. Hopefully they’ll die eventually.
Yeah. That makes more sense. I remember them cutting a deal with Funimation a couple of years ago for Robotech as well.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:43 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:55 pm
They were basically patent trolls, just for licenses. Good fucking riddance! It was annoying as Hell how many cool mechs never had a chance to appear in Mechwarrior Online because they were "unseen" mechs squatted on by Harmony Gold.
Sounds like I'm going to have to start playing Mechwarrior, because I looked and apparently a ton of mech designs were, um... Borrowed by Battletech from various mecha anime, including Armored Trooper Votoms.

The Commando and Griffin are apparently a Scopedog, while the Shadowhawk is taken from Dougram.

As far as I can tell, Harmony Gold still exist and are still copyright squatting to some extent.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:29 am

You're right on the money with Dougram, but whoever told you about Votoms is bullshitting you. Votoms has never been part of any BattleTech deal, the Commando is not an Unseen, and I fail to see any similarity between it and the Scopedog.

That's not to say they've never been "inspired" by animu outside of the Unseen autism. I dare you to say this one doesn't look like a Zaku variant:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:29 am

That looks like one of the early concept arts for the Zaku. I don't have the link, but I saw it recently. Since the Gunpla toy marketing cancer of 0079 was limited mostly to the Gundam series (of mechs), the art designer for Gundam was allowed a lot more leeway building Zeon mechs. Which is also why the best mechs in original UC Gundam are all Zeon.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:44 pm

Large robot suits will never be mechs to me.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:36 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:44 pm
Large robot suits will never be mechs to me.

You talking about this? Looks like a mech to me. Or do you just mean you don't like the anthropomorphic designs?
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:29 am

24+ meters of pure waifu.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:53 pm

This should be renamed the mecha thread lol

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:43 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:36 am
You talking about this?
Yup. That's just an upscale robot.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:46 am

So you prefer this?

I guess I'm wondering how humanlike is too much.

I personally think it's fine for a mecha to have a head, so long as the pilots are not IN the head. The head would be a horrible place to put a pilot seat. Really, any mech would have cameras mounted all over the structure, as well as internal cameras and a manual perescope. The pilot should ideally sit in the torso, where the largest concentration of armor can be mounted. I've noticed a lot of "real robot" anime and games still put the pilots in the head portion of the vehicle.
RAPEMAN wrote: