Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
JL Unlimited

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by JL Unlimited » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Nether Animal wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:34 pm
just stick to Ocean -> Kai and then stop watching after Namek blows up
The Ocean voice actors are tragically underrated. Espically Peter Kelamis.

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:17 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:29 pm
Don't forget that it was also cut and edited to shit when it aired.
Better or worse than having this as your theme song?
Depends on whether you hate the song more than the fact they cut out so much that German GT has less episodes than the original. The channel in question also liked editing shit above and beyond what they were required to do, because the guys in charge apparently hated violent scenes that much.
I haven't actuall watched German GT, but if my experiences with other censored animu (and a particular airing of John Carpenter's The Thing) from the same channel is any indication, there's a good chance their editing sucked so much that some fight scenes become undecipherable garbage.

(Just picture 4kids, but more incompetent and slightly batshit.)
Auli wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 pm
The old Berserk is better than the new? Is the new a sequel or something else?
The main thing with Berserk is that after the first couple chapters, the manga went through a very long flashback arc to explain how everything went to shit. The old anime doesn't really cover anything after the flashback arc. The new one covers everything, but the CGI and everything is just terrible.

I'd also recommend the manga and old anime. Berserk has a certain style and grit you can't cover with horrible 3D models and stiff animation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:59 pm

It's just my opinion btw but I think the best part of Berserk comes just after the flashback ends. But before everything goes all final fantasy.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 pm

At this point, it's more accurate to say that while Guts hired the typical Dark Souls shit-party, Griffith and gang FFVI'd the whole world. The boat is basically Blight Town in water thanks to the lag. :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Auli wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm
My brother is recommending fate:Zero and Berserk.

Thoughts?
Fate Zero seems to be a love it or hate it sorta thing, Berserk is good untill they get into magical girls and ugly cg and awul animation shenanigans and here's hoping you don't triggered by rape
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 pm

ban wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 pm
At this point, it's more accurate to say that while Guts hired the typical Dark Souls shit-party, Griffith and gang FFVI'd the whole world. The boat is basically Blight Town in water thanks to the lag. :lol:
I thought they got off the boat and magical girls joined Guts team?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Did Schierke finally awaken as Cure Berserk?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:06 am
But of course, Toriyama needed a big epic bullshit ending so Cell suddenly became fucking Buu even though Piccolo couldn't recover like that.
Actually, upon revisiting it, Piccolo can regenerate like that, in a way.

Basically, Piccolo can regenerate any part of his body so long as his core is intact. For Piccolo his core is, presumably, his brain, heart and lungs. For Cell is core is his nucleus. What was stupid about it is that a huge explosion that took out Cell's entire body, Goku, Kaio, the monkey and the planet they were on, somehow left his nucleus completely intact.

I know we changed the subject, I just wanted to clarify.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:16 am

I've only read a little bit of Berserk.
Problem with the old anime is that it's confusing (Episode 1 takes place AFTER the rest of the episodes) and has an unsatisfying ending. Characters like the Skull Knight are left out. Being made for TV, also shies away from some sexual content. And some of that was necessary. Like in the new anime, it's made very clear why the King has a certain character's tongue cut out.

Some people say that you should watch the old anime up to a certain point and then switch to movie 3. But I can't remember where the "switch point" is supposed to be.

I'd recommend just watching the new stuff, even if the animation is crappier.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:25 am

Those movies never looked that good to me, never bothered to watch them. The first one at least was full of awful CGI, not 2016 Berserk bad but still.
I never payed close attention to Shiro Sagisu's career since Blech but the music was kinda eh.