Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:10 pm
I always thought that Yugi's mom was Sugoroku's daughter. I guess I was wrong.
Surely the fact that Sugoroku's name is Muto should have given it away, no?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:22 pm
Didn't really rock my world, bro.
Yeah, I thought it was weak too, tell you the truth. Too Costanza-esque
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:05 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 pm
Dehbashi wrote:
Surely the fact that Sugoroku's name is Muto should have given it away, no?
Hey she could be a ho and bang multiple people and not know who the daddy is. :lol:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:10 am

Bobito wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:16 am
I like victory, the first 4 episodes are not in chronological order because bandai forced tomino to show the gundam from episode 1, thats why at start seems a little weird, also it was one of the last series watchables of tomino along with the second half of turn a gundam, the rest of his series after 95 are complete garbage.
I'm trying to watch the original Gundam series. I usually avoid shows this long because I usually don't finish them. I previously saw the three compilation movies, but I'm told they cut out too much good stuff in those.

Can someone explain Minovsky particles to me? They seem to be some sort of plot device, but I don't understand what they are, where they come from, or what they do.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:14 am

All I know is they were originally called Tominovsky particles.
Rewatching Lain ATM. I've only seen it once before. Lain is cute. Can't wait to see Micheal Jackson again.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:47 pm

One of the main things the Minovsky particles do is fuck around with sensors so much that you can't actually have space battles at realistic distances (aka so far away everyone's just a blip on the radar). Everything can only happen within cinematically pleasing distances, and I think it was kind of a big deal in the first series when Zeon used Char's Newtype waifu used the Force to get around the sensor limit and snipe at the enemy from afar.

I think one other major thing those particles do is power all dem energy beams.
Dehbashi wrote:
I'm sure we've all fantasized about him sexually abusing her when she was but a wee loli.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:56 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:47 pm
One of the main things the Minovsky particles do is fuck around with sensors so much that you can't actually have space battles at realistic distances (aka so far away everyone's just a blip on the radar). Everything can only happen within cinematically pleasing distances
Thanks. I figured it was probably something like that. I suppose there wouldn't be much need for mobile suits if the fighting didn't occur at close range.

So do the space ships deploy/disperse these particles? Or are they naturally occurring?
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:42 pm

It's a byproduct of the fusion reactors they're using, afaik.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Bandit Keith was NOT a manlet.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Read The Unfortunate Suffering-Man, the Nipponese picture book version of Spooderman. There was rape and rape and rape and all of Spider Mans friends died. Mind tigers. There also weren't any real Spider Man villains after the first volume.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:16 pm

That's still at least one Spoyder villain more than the tokusatsu show ever had (even if you pretend that Professor Monster totally counts as Doctor Doom). The rape stuff sounds like it's very much in the spirit of the show - not because the show had rape in it, but because the show was so in love with tragic endings that being the victim of the week usually meant you're fuuuucked.
-Yours Truly