Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:31 pm

DBGT is really ugly. I don't know if it ever got as QUALITY as Pooper but it never looked good.
Digital Dragon Ball has never appealed to me, even before Super.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:13 pm

DB has been ugly ever since the protagonists stopped being chibis.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Starting with GT they started outsourcing some stuff to Korea and sometimes it really shows.
I really hated GT. That great pantheon of characters and they shove them all in the background to focus only on Kid Goku and Pan.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm
Starting with GT they started outsourcing some stuff to Korea and sometimes it really shows.
As opposed to masters of sakuga like Last House and Studio Live.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm
I really hated GT. That great pantheon of characters and they shove them all in the background to focus only on Kid Goku and Pan.
They were pandering to an older audience of lolicons and shotacons.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:51 pm

The only real loli in all Dragonzballz was Kid Chi-Chi.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:01 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:08 pm
So I watched a bit of Dragon Ball GT, and while its got a lot of issues, I still feel like Super is probably worse by comparison.
So you're the kinda guy that sniffs dog turds on the street to find out if Husky or Poodle shit smells worse.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:15 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:01 pm
CuckTurdginson wrote:
So I watched a bit of Dragon Ball GT, and while its got a lot of issues, I still feel like Super is probably worse by comparison.
So you're the kinda guy that sniffs dog turds on the street to find out if Husky or Poodle shit smells worse.
I've been on a DB kick.

I haven't gotten to the Baby arc but I remember that being not-terrible.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:01 pm
CuckTurdginson wrote:
If only YMS still made videos, he's give us the answers we need.
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:15 pm
I haven't gotten to the Baby arc but I remember that being not-terrible.
Ban all Bong posters.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:13 pm

So the Blade of the Immortal reboot has started. I'm happy to have a new show to watch.
Some things that might annoy people:

There's a bilingual trigger warning at the beginning. First time I think I've seen a trigger warning in Japanese, video games excepted.

The opening song would have been alright except it's 90% in Engrish and thus cringy, or hilarious, depending on how you see things.

As you could have probably guessed, due to this show being on the globalist Amazon platform, The manji swastika on Manji's back is gone. Instead, there's a pseudo-swastika.

Kenjiro Tsuda plays Manji. This guy is in like every anime now and some people may be sick of him, but in my opinion he's one of the few under-50 male seiyu that don't sound like interchangeable Herbivore Men.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:31 pm
Digital Dragon Ball has never appealed to me, even before Super.
GT is clearly hand painted
Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:31 pm
DBGT is really ugly. I don't know if it ever got as QUALITY as Pooper but it never looked good.
GT has its faults but I don't know how anybody could call it ugly. The animation quality is still back from when Toei actually could draw and animate. The character designer managed to copy Toriyama's style perfectly, to the point that Toriyama himself said he didn't know which characters he'd designed or which ones were designed by Nakatsuru. Ironically the worst character designs are by Toriyama himself, including the Vegeta that everybody hates. The SSJ4 looks very distinctive and cool, unlike the more recent Super Saiyan God (Look! It's Kaio Ken again!), Super Saiyan Blue (Look! It's Super Saiyan but the hair is blue!) or Ultra Instinct (Look! It's Kaio Ken again but the hair is silver!)
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.