Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Manly anime isn't marketable to kids. Instead of actually doing something good to make your product marketable, just get some third rate Filipinos to slap some shit into Blender 4ya.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:05 am
I just realized they made a new Souten no Ken series, first episode is out AND IT'S CGI AAAAAAUUUUUUUGH
This is one of those shows like Berserk that you're just going to have to put up with shit "puppet show" animation for the great story.
But holy crap, the opening theme is such shit. J-hiphop garbage with literal "whooooop"s. They probably thought the dumb gaijin would like it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:32 pm

I can't watch that shit in CGI. I need my head pops to be gloriously animated by hand or else to be allowed to perform them myself in a video game.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:27 am

I forgot the LOGH remake is out now. God dammit.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:20 am

There's a new Lupin anime out. At least there's that!
Also a new Gegege no Kitaro. There's a character in the premiere that I swear is supposed to be Logan Paul!
お前はもう死んでいる。

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Are there any of you German speakers that also know a little Japanese? I often run into "Jerman" words and things in anime and manga and sometimes need help when translating.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:32 pm

I don't know any moonspeak but care to give some example?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Do you mean stuff they actually use IRL ("Kindergarten", "Baumkuchen"), or those various mecha and attack names written in grammatically-questionable German?

And no, I don't actually know anything aside from a few words and honorifics picked up wile reading and watching weeb- and tokushit. Though if it's "Jerman", I can probably just translate it into English and give guesses as what the Glorious Nihon writer was ACTUAL LEE trying to say (since they sometimes fuck up at picking the right word, though that seems to happen less frequently than them fucking up the grammar).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Well, if anyone can read katakana that would be a huge help. Sometimes they are random words or they are character's names and I don't want to butcher them.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:32 pm
I don't know any moonspeak but care to give some example?
The one that's been bugging me for years is a very difficult one. This line from Arcadia of My Youth was attributed to Goethe, but I can't find where this comes from. Either It got mangled from German to Japanese to English, or Leiji Matsumoto just made it up. Here's the Google translate version:
旅路の終りに人はみな思う青春こそアルカディアだったと…

EDIT: Here's the experience of some dude on reddit that also tried and failed to find the source of the quote.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:35 pm

The suggestion from the guy on reddit seems fairly plausible. Goethe was mostly talking about Arcadia in his travel report of his journey to and in Italy.
If you're feeling up to something really fucking tedious, get the full text of "Italian Journey" from Goethe and search for all mentions of "youth". Maybe artistic liberty, maybe lost in translation, the guess from the dude is likely going to be as close as it gets. If that quote was very similar, it'd be easy to find. Goethe isn't exactly obscure.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!