Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Old Black Man » Thu May 09, 2024 8:38 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:42 am
Elfen Lied should've been a slice-of-life comedy centered around that airhead waifu who gets her arms ripped off. She was kinda fun when she wasn't traumatized for life every other chapter.
And legs, don’t forget legs.

The author did Brynhildr in the Darkness. It’s very similar in a lot of ways (he really has a think for psychic/superhuman powers and melting chicks) but I kinda prefer it. It of course had a batshit ending, and oddly no detailed nudity.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 11, 2024 10:14 pm

Lmao Kobolds in DiD are just doge people, just like in the good old days.
The cherry on top would've been klessik pig orcs, but the mangaka instead went for some middle ground where the orcs are modern orcs with slight pig features.

And there are even bullshit trap monsters :o
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 11, 2024 10:42 pm

So they are Ganon.

SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 11, 2024 10:45 pm

Nah, Ganon is more of an oldschool orc. The ones in the animu are just modern-style orcs with pig noses and hooves.
Also some have horns because why not.

Checking out the German dub also freaked me out a little. Falin sounds like Osaka, but apparently it's not the same VA :?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Sun May 12, 2024 5:13 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:14 pm
Lmao Kobolds in DiD are just doge people, just like in the good old days.
The cherry on top would've been klessik pig orcs, but the mangaka instead went for some middle ground where the orcs are modern orcs with slight pig features.

And there are even bullshit trap monsters :o
Now le ninja cat gurl from the East has joined the party:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 12, 2024 6:33 am

Catgirls are probably something they took from Wizardry, considering how popular that series was/still is in Japan. The Felpurr are just cats.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 12, 2024 7:01 am

Not likely. Japanese folklore has had shapeshifting animals - including cats - for centuries. It was just a matter of moe-ing the fuck out of them.
In a way catgirls and other kemonomimi are part of the monster girl umbrella.

Depending on the exact stories they even had shit like kitsunes not being able to remove their tails when turning into a human. If that wasn't a harbinger of things to come, I dunno what is.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 12, 2024 9:37 am

I meant in dungeon meshi, they probably took it from wizardry. Not that japan took the concept of a catperson from wizardry. I know about nekomata dammit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 12, 2024 10:38 am

Not furry enough. Also everything else appears D&D-inspired, which has always struggled with catfolk.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun May 12, 2024 4:50 pm

I read that an anime called Yosuga no Sora got banned from YouTube, so I thought I'd check it out.
I quickly realized that it must be one of those shows based on a dating sim. Because the anime has different endings where the guy gets together with each of the girls.

This was a very explicit TV show and it's crazy that the copyright holder thought YouTube would host this. Borderline hentai. But it was good for what it was up until the last two or three episodes where it became twincest. I could tell it was going there even though I hoped it wouldn't. Ugh. There were a couple girls that he didn't bang like the class president and the MILF store owner, and I wish he's done them instead of the sister.
お前はもう死んでいる。