Wrassling Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Tony Schiavone

Re: Wrassling Thread

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:04 pm

I guess it's weird to see an ugly Jap winning the men's Royal Rumble ..it should've been Miz. Reigns winning would've been pure for for lulz; it probably may just happen for him to be set up in Elimination Chamber anyway. (He loses IC title, then almost wins a 30 man match to win the WWE title? Makes no sense).

Cant get excited about WWE anymore, I guess. Most of what I end up watching are old vids or shoots from late 90s to early aughts.
I asked my friend (former U.S. Navy, Eagles fan, mostly normie) why, from an outside perspective, on why wrestling. isn't as popular today. His response, without hesitation: "They just don't have any good shit talkers anymore."

Which is true. In the old popular days, the only one who droned on and on was someone like Triple H. This only worked because (1) he was champ and (2) he was already hated anyway. The faces would just come out, spit catchphrases to work over crowd, get in some choice insults, then run down to beat up people.

Now we have John Cena, who not only won't shut up, he keeps his insults down to a bare minimum (or blankets them in pandering and word diarrhea). Same for everyone else. It's about quality, not quantity.

The women have this problem too, but their division is a little better because only six of them are at the top and the rest are pretty much jobbers. Then you don't have teh 50-50 booking problem Spoony talked about (he was right about somethings every now and then).
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Wait a minute, Miz is not a good shit talker? What?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Charlar wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 pm
Wait a minute, Miz is not a good shit talker? What?
On Talking Smack he was, but on WWE's scripted programming you literally can't cut a good promo.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Wait, Vince actually put over Nakamura and Asuka in their respective Royal fucking Rumbles with no bullshit? Two Asian winners in burgerland? Vince must be panicking, lololololol.

2 years too late. Fuck the WWE. If Trump wants to impress me he'll force Vince to sell to NJPW and have Kenny Omega bury the entire roster. That would be a shocking swerve. And a fucking hilarious one too. I don't even like Omega that much. I just want something that's made me so mad over the years to die a horrible, horrible death.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:08 pm

I just watched the Rumble man the state of the roster in 2018 absolutely nobody feels like a star anymore. Reigns is same spot he was at Mania 31, Finn looks a small child in his underwear, Broken Matt is a joke, Seth's has gone from top heel to midcard nobody, Nakamura can't cut a promo, Cena is part time, Orton is beyond stale, Owens and Sami Zayn are treated like a joke.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:29 pm

They should just push Orton to the moon. He's really the only star they have left who isn't shit on, and that they can use to build around. He;s not so old or done to be a part timer, and he doesn't have the Cena stink on him where losing doesn't matter to help your opponent (Cena will have to lose for about a year to make people forget about how much tehy hate him more, and that isn't gonna happen).

They could keep the same pyscho-killer Orton: just keep him off the mike (so he doesn't put the audience to sleep), let him finally punt Stephanie in the head, tear through Roman Reigns, kill the Jap, destroy the Cucknadians Owens and Zayne, and be cheered anyway.
I would rather they broaden his gimmick so he could at least crack a smile or add some character every once in a while. Broken Orton ('Brother Keith') would be a stroke of genius.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:29 pm
They should just push Orton to the moon. He's really the only star they have left who isn't shit on, and that they can use to build around. He;s not so old or done to be a part timer, and he doesn't have the Cena stink on him where losing doesn't matter to help your opponent (Cena will have to lose for about a year to make people forget about how much tehy hate him more, and that isn't gonna happen).

They could keep the same pyscho-killer Orton: just keep him off the mike (so he doesn't put the audience to sleep), let him finally punt Stephanie in the head, tear through Roman Reigns, kill the Jap, destroy the Cucknadians Owens and Zayne, and be cheered anyway.
I would rather they broaden his gimmick so he could at least crack a smile or add some character every once in a while. Broken Orton ('Brother Keith') would be a stroke of genius.
That requires Orton to give a shit, and he hasn't in years. The fucker took legit elbows to the head from Lesnar to make him bleed for real (not a razor blade cut) so if they fire him he could fucking sue since that shit was planned.

He has a job for life because of that, so he'll continue half assing it until he retires.
Old Black Man wrote:
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:31 am

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 am
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:29 pm

That requires Orton to give a shit, and he hasn't in years. The fucker took legit elbows to the head from Lesnar to make him bleed for real (not a razor blade cut) so if they fire him he could fucking sue since that shit was planned.

He has a job for life because of that, so he'll continue half assing it until he retires.
I think i remember caring not that long ago but overall Orton is very meh, WWE should have developed talent years ago but they decided to be the NFL of Wrestling.
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:20 am

Someone needs to tell HHH just because you dress like Steve Austin, it don't make you Steve Austin.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:20 am
Someone needs to tell HHH just because you dress like a draw, it don't make you a draw.
FTFW. As Cornette said, HHH was always the guy that worked with the guy that drew the money, and he continues to push his boring self down the people’s throats.
Old Black Man wrote: