Wrassling Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Tony Schiavone

Re: Wrassling Thread

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:01 pm

I, for one, am glad that Miz vs. Daniel Bryan is going to be a thing.

Been a Miz fan for a long time. Glad he got the hot wife (Maryse! The only Diva that had talent from back then! Although her looks recently... ) and now kid. But mostly the respect and now feuds and promos they've trusted him with. Seeing him grow has been awesome (no pun intended).

I hope hes able to finally retire that little vegan manlet with another disappointing injury, and shut up all those indy darling muh real wressling Internet fans.
Face it: pro wrestling is equal parts look and promo as it is in the ring.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:21 pm

So the little nugget lost, and my Miz ended up winning. That he did it while cheating makes it even better.

Overall, very satisfied with this Summerslam:
  • B-Team beats Generic White Guy team that all the drooling marks like
  • Cruiserweights do cruiserweight things
  • Intergender spic team wins, which is OK because it's fake Russian and Lana whom the marks ironically like
  • Rollins wins, meh. At least the title isn't being dragged down by Ziggles anymore.
  • Singing blacks beat the big sledgehammer guys. Boo.
  • Braun Strowman kicks the crap out of Cucknadian Owens. Yay!
  • Either Charlotte or Becky Lynch becoming champion is good, so fine with the former coming out on top. Plus bonus heel turn.
  • Sloppy Joe gets the win over Wyld Styles by DQ. Great work as always from these two.
  • Finn Balor looks like a demon again, then squashed "too ready for TV" Corbin. Normally not a fan of the big guy going down, but it's Baron Corbin. Balor is one of those that should stick to makeup; too little face and body paint nowadays IMO.
  • Ugly Jap wins again, but I guess they can't all be perfect. Jeff Hardy probably needs a rehab break. Randy Orton came out and did nothing but get a payday.
  • No-tits Rousey beats my girl Alexa Bliss, but everyone knew that was coming.
  • Large men beat the shit out of each other but somehow it kinda makes sense for Reigns to win and then they quickly close to avoid boos. I miss Lesnar but their strategy of only using him 2x a year has finally paid off, maybe.
Whatever. Miz won.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:01 pm
Face it: pro wrestling is equal parts look and promo as it is in the ring.
Agreed although I think Bryans one of the few indie midgets who's character and promo are strong enough that he doesn't need a great look.

Internet marks who think every midget in trunks should be world champion and never are the fucking worst.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:24 am

I've completely given up on WWE and watch New Japan because the in ring product is superior and it doesn't require such a fucking commitment like WWE does other than during the G1. You have to watch what, 3 hours of Raw and 2 hours of Smackdown every week on top of fucking PPVs? Fuck that shit, with New Japan you can watch the monthly shows and not feel like you missed out on anything. They have some other shows before events but it's just pointless tag shit you can skip.

It's a relief not watching WWE anymore, it's too fucking long and the product straight up fucking sucks because Vince isn't fucking dead yet.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:21 pm
So the little nugget lost, and my Miz ended up winning. That he did it while cheating makes it even better.

• Intergender spic team wins, which is OK because it's fake Russian and Lana whom the marks ironically like
  • Rollins wins, meh. At least the title isn't being dragged down by Ziggles anymore.
  • Either Charlotte or Becky Lynch becoming champion is good, so fine with the former coming out on top. Plus bonus heel turn.
  • Sloppy Joe gets the win over Wyld Styles by DQ. Great work as always from these two.
  • Finn Balor looks like a demon again, then squashed "too ready for TV" Corbin. Normally not a fan of the big guy going down, but it's Baron Corbin. Balor is one of those that should stick to makeup; too little face and body paint nowadays IMO.
  • Ugly Jap wins again, but I guess they can't all be perfect. Jeff Hardy probably needs a rehab break. Randy Orton came out and did nothing but get a payday.
  • Large men beat the shit out of each other but somehow it kinda makes sense for Reigns to win and then they quickly close to avoid boos. I miss Lesnar but their strategy of only using him 2x a year has finally paid off, maybe.
Whatever. Miz won.

Most of this post is made of AIDS and autism.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:18 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:51 pm

>Hates everything except Miz
You are most welcome.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:51 pm
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Whatever. Miz won.

Most of this post is made of AIDS and autism.
Just like most guest posters

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Oh, no. Please--

Why can't they just let these old fucks stay retired? Almost everyone in the comments is shitting on this, and rightly so.
Is Vince secretly dead?

The only hilarious part about all of this is that Kane is now an actual county mayor.

steamyham

Post by steamyham » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:45 pm

New stars they want to the be #1 guy pissing everyone off? Internet darlings getting shat on? Old guys constantly taking the spotlight? I had a bout watching WWE when Super Cena started and this is pretty much the same shit I saw back then. The only thing that's missing for me is Vince feuding and having matches with someone.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:08 am

steamyham wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:45 pm
I had a bout watching WWE when Super Cena started and this is pretty much the same shit I saw back then.
The structure of the show hasn't changed since the Attitude Era but it's more shit. So many other options out there have completely different formats that feel way more fresh like New Japan (only really doing monthly shows rather than pointless TV shit and promos) or Lucha Underground looking more like a modern TV show. This bullshit where you start with some 20 minute promo and then HOLLA HOLLA TAG TEAM MATCH PLAYA shit only worked when Austin and the fucking Rock were doing the opening promos because they could hold the audience, and even then the promos where no where near as long (I'm looking at you HHH). They really need to change up the format entirely now because slowly the ratings are dropping every year, but it's like the frog in the boiling water analogy for Vince since it is happening slowly he doesn't care. It's not like 1992 compared to 1996 where he went from culturally relevant to almost broke, this downfall has been happening for over 10 years but the company still makes money because they handle global revenue a lot better than they used to with tours and better TV deals.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.