Wrassling Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
TheManWithNoPlan

Re: Wrassling Thread

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:58 am

Anybody know why they changed Finn Balor into a faggot instead the Demon at Mania?

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:34 pm

Vince doesn't like anything that looks "too indy." (Or at least, not originally developed in-house).

Same happened to El Generico becoming Sami Zayne.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:34 pm
Vince doesn't like anything that looks "too indy." (Or at least, not originally developed in-house).
Which is retarded since the whole demon character is a NXT invention. He only did the paint brush a handful of times in Japan and it had no backstory or anything since he liked dressing up in random costumes on the Indies. The demon is an original character they made for him.

Yet again, the booking of mania with all these stupid results shows how senile Vince is.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:28 pm

The guy must actually be gay in real life.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:15 pm

What's that weird wrestling org run by a woman? I remember seeing episodes of it late at night but they were hour-long recaps catching us up on a gay-as-fuck storyline about her trying to sell the company because Hulk Hogan invaded it or something. I mean, it was soap opera in tights shit. Serious second-hand embarrassment.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:15 pm
What's that weird wrestling org run by a woman? I remember seeing episodes of it late at night but they were hour-long recaps catching us up on a gay-as-fuck storyline about her trying to sell the company because Hulk Hogan invaded it or something. I mean, it was soap opera in tights shit. Serious second-hand embarrassment.
That was TNA. The company got bought by Anthem Sports and she is gone from the company now. They have Don Callis (AKA Cyrus in ECW) and Scott D'More running out now.

Dixie was a fucking money mark. So many old wrestlers who had no business being employed got a nice paycheck and bled her dad's money dry. When you hire Brian fucking Knobs in what, 2010? You are beyond fucked, along with every other WWE reject they immediately gave a job to rather than push their own homegrown talent who are thriving now in WWE.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:50 am

The Outsiders were TNA tag champs in 2010 and they lost the belts without being beat.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:15 pm
What's that weird wrestling org run by a woman?
Slowly becoming the WWE as well.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Isn't TNA the stuff with the Hardy Boys during their meltdown two years or so ago? I still haven't decided if that was hilarious, genius or the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:09 pm
Isn't TNA the stuff with the Hardy Boys during their meltdown two years or so ago? I still haven't decided if that was hilarious, genius or the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen.
Bit of both. It was sad that one of the most over tag teams in WWE had turned into bloated junkies. Hilarious that once they got clean they got to basically do what they liked which meant fucking about with weird gimmicks until the Broken Hardy stuff happened.