Wrassling Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Wrassling Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Hating Cena is part of the fun to them. He's the guy they love to hate.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 pm
Hating Cena is part of the fun to them. He's the guy they love to hate.
Now it is. But back in 2006-2012 they were legitimately like how Tony described them. Unlike those idiots I actually stopped watching in 2006 when Cena constantly winning got obnoxious and forced, but those fat smark idiots kept whining and whining for years and yet kept watching every week.

I noticed lately though that there is far more apathy towards WWE rather than protest. The Raw after Wrsetlemania usually has a lot of people shitchanting in the crowd crapping all over everything and being loud but this year they were VERY fucking tame, which should scare the shit out of WWE. New Japan is very fucking popular now, in Sydney they had a crowd of about 3000-4000 on a Sunday night and when I went to another show that had guys who wrestled in New Japan on it the lines to meet them were huge (Marty Scurll and The Young Bucks) while people from other promotions had little buzz (The Briscoes had a very small line). ROH partnering with New Japan has made them more profitable with their most recent show getting 6000 people attending. The angry WWE smarks are finally checking out other promotions now since distribution has gotten better, if you just want fast paced wrestling ROH and other indies have you covered, New Japan is more sports like and hard hitting with some subdued storytelling, and Lucha Underground has a lot of hockey character stuff if you liked shit like The Brood, The Ministry and other gimmick stuff from the 90s but modernised. It took a while for them to catch on, but people are slowly realising they don't need WWE to get their wrestling fix.

I barely watch WWE anymore after Vince McMahon intentionally sabotaged Smackdown when it was actually good for that brief period and had Talking Smack after it that allowed the wrestlers to talk unscripted (which Vince intentionally moved until an hour after the show so no one would watch and then claim that it wasn't worth having around). I only watched Mania, the Raw after Mania and the Rumble this year. After stopping I realised how much of a fucking commitment watching WWE is, New Japan has shows mostly once a month and when Lucha Underground it's on 1 hour a week (or 40 minutes if you don't watch live). Raw and Smackdown in total are 5 fucking hours, plus the monthly "PPV" which is usually also 3 hours if it isn't a big show. I've been meaning to check out Impact too since it seems they have improved things with the new management and they have guys from LU that I like on there. That's the beauty of modern wrestling now, you can pick 2 or 3 promotions to watch that will satisfy you without needing to put up with Roman Reigns.

Speaking of which, they had him loose to Brock again only to have a rematch in a few weeks in Saudi Arabia so he won't get booed when he wins. I was wondering why the fuck he lost because I wanted Vince to get that shit out of his system since he wanted to do it 3 fucking years ago but the hostile crowd made him hold off, but after hearing about that it makes sense. Have him win in a 3rd world country where they actually love Reigns since they think this shit is real so Vince doesn't feel like he fucked up. The absolute state of this company :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:47 pm

I have a friend who's obsessed with wrestling and the general consensus is Japan is just better, wwe is for normies who don't know better.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:01 pm

WWE has been shit ever since it made the name change from WWF.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:04 pm

I've hated Cena ever since he started doing that commercial about how it's un-American if you don't love trannies.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:04 pm
I've hated Cena ever since he started doing that commercial about how it's un-American if you don't love trannies.
HA! Seriously?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:11 pm

I see it every night. He walks down some rainbow-strewn small town street talking about how most of America is made up of minority groups, including gay, bisexual, transgender, and if you don't love them isn't that un-American? It's really annoying and the dude has a weird looking body.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Holy fuck, the full ad is 3 minutes long.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 pm

So, what I'm getting is that:
>51% are female so that's the average
>the rest, men, don't matter
>all those other minorities he rattles off are, besides seniors, VAST minorities
>minorities don't matter

Glad we've got that sorted out.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:15 am

He took his psedo-marine "look how tough I am gimmick", which was developed to promote an action movie about a fictional marine fighting white criminals at home; to actually pretending to be a real soldier and visiting troops overseas at posed photo-ops; to now shilling out for special interest groups as the "voice of America."

I don't know at which part I started detesting him for real, but it was in there.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.