Wrassling Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
TheManWithNoPlan

Re: Wrassling Thread

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:29 pm

To quote CM Punk "I don't need to wrestle you, you need to wrestle me.". People think that big nose selfish prick will be the savior of WWE when Vince dies.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:33 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:29 pm
To quote CM Punk "I don't need to wrestle you, you need to wrestle me.". People think that big nose selfish prick will be the savior of WWE when Vince dies.
Nothing will improve as long as the McMahons/Helmsley regime and it's regime rule the WWE, i'm however not sure who could own the WWE and not fuck up it
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:38 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:29 pm
NXT was good when it was booked by Dusty and had Ward writing it. Of course he had to constantly remind people it is his vision though like a good corporate executive, but when Dusty died and then Ward went to Smackdown the weekly show became unwatchable. Like most people I only watch the Takeover events now.

I will say that at least he will put wrestling people in positions of power and fire Dunn.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Wishful thinking, though.
The WWE got so big that even when Vince goes, they'll just replace him with a Board of Directors and management team and try to run it even more like a crappy network TV show. They keep Triple H around just to be a glorified agent, and I can see him getting so pissed as to leave eventually, maybe to run his own minor empire somewhere without interference.
If you want to see Dixie Carter 2.0 just wait until Stephanie gets to go 100% solo.
The only person with the balls to stop it would be Shane, but he probably doesn't care.

Even guys like Jericho--the remaining few who's over enough to nix retarded script input and get himself over--gets neutered with stupid gimmicks ("The List?" Really? A stupid threat with no consequences, worse since you still actively wrestle).
Raw 25 sucked with an Undertaker that came out and said/did nothing, and the fans crapped all over it in the Manhattan Center (favorite sign was the 'Member Pyro?' one).
Unimaginative names like "The Bar" for a genuinely fun tag team. [How could they miss the obvious and best: "GoodFellahs?"]
Fans still pop for Rock and Austin because they refuse to let anything water down their characters. (Oddly enough, Vince does the same.)

If Impact wasn't such a clown show I'd tune back to that in a heart beat.
Although even as a dumpster fire, it's getting more appealing.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:38 pm

Daniel Bryan has been cleared to wrestle. What a terrible idea. Does the guy want to kill Bree and their future child?

Edit: Not to mention this completely nullifies his farewell speech
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:38 pm
Daniel Bryan has been cleared to wrestle. What a terrible idea. Does the guy want to kill Bree and their future child?

I always thought that speech was bullshit since I never actually saw it to get emotionally manipulated. This guy went to so many doctors, ones that worked for professional NFL teams who cleared him and yet he does this new test that NO ONE ELSE has done that says he can't wrestle. Meltzer has flat out said that most NFL players, UFC fighter and WWE wrestlers would not pass that test and that it was still new.

The only reason he has been cleared is because he has been very open about going to New Japan when his contract expires later this year. WWE are scum, they fucking knew he was fine to wrestle and deliberately stopped him from wrestling to protect Reigns, and now that he could make money for the competition they suddenly want him back in the ring to hurt them. And he will probably stay too since potential matches with Nakamura, AJ Styles, Sami Zayne, Kevin Owens and Kurt Angle are on the table so he won't be so eager to leave.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:02 am

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 am
Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:38 pm

I always thought that speech was bullshit since I never actually saw it to get emotionally manipulated. This guy went to so many doctors, ones that worked for professional NFL teams who cleared him and yet he does this new test that NO ONE ELSE has done that says he can't wrestle. Meltzer has flat out said that most NFL players, UFC fighter and WWE wrestlers would not pass that test and that it was still new.

The only reason he has been cleared is because he has been very open about going to New Japan when his contract expires later this year. WWE are scum, they fucking knew he was fine to wrestle and deliberately stopped him from wrestling to protect Reigns, and now that he could make money for the competition they suddenly want him back in the ring to hurt them. And he will probably stay too since potential matches with Nakamura, AJ Styles, Sami Zayne, Kevin Owens and Kurt Angle are on the table so he won't be so eager to leave.

a) fat lot of good that did.

b) and I'm sure Meltzer is so eager to hand out 4* 3/4 matches for each of them (1/4* penalty for it being WWE. Yes I know the meme is the Tokyo Dome but let's be real, he's biased against WWE and doesn't even try to hide it. I think he only gave that NXT Gargano match 5 stars because he saw that his relevance was slipping).
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:43 pm

Meh. I bet they start turning Daniel Bryan into Rey Mysterio 2.0. Lots of fun, high flying offense for the autists kids in attendance; gets squashed and tossed around by someone bigger and more over.

Which is fine. I'm kind of tired of him. They have enough guys now that can do what Bryan did without being a vanilla midget. Not to mention acting like another vegan hippie.
If he thinks he's so special, he can go be the of some other fed like Miz called his bluff on doing.

I <3 Miz. Pushing him has been about the only thing they've done right lately.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Bryan is the biggest star WWE have made since John Cena I'm happy he's back and annoyed they waited so long a match with the Miz at last years Mania would have been awesome. Hopefully he doesn't do diving headbutts anymore.

Speaking of bringing people back JUST FUCKING RETIRE UNDERTAKER!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Man I remember watching the miz on some tv 3am shit local wrestling before he went in the wwe.

Also remember my dad getting tickets for wcw but it was actually windy city wrestling, imagine my 8 year old disappointment.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]