Anyone else miss board games?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Anyone else miss board games?

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:21 pm

I wonder what happened with this.

Will it die as soon as someone makes a compotent video game equivalent? This is probably as autistic as boardgames can get.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:35 pm

It won't die. To most the aspect of painting the figurines is at least as or even more important than the actual game.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Games Workshop has a fanbase whose loyalty is akin to Spoony's, eagerly throwing money at them no matter how much they rape the fluff, don't bother fixing broken units/rules, or crank up their prices for no reason.

Sure, their profit took a nosedive last year or so, but that was only because the guy in charge was particularly inept. Dude never bothered with market research and called Pokemon a "fad". Not to mention killing off Warhammer Fantasy and replacing it with something that is basically a He-Man skirmish game with new models whose overdesigned ugliness is only rivaled by their retarded names because they renamed everything to copyright shit (elves are like Aelfs or something, and almost every Chaos unit sounds like an Image Comics character).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:56 am

I enjoyed playing that game where you pick a card (5 categories or something) and you write on paper the answer or whatever is required from reading the card.

F. eks: I remember I had a card that said "... two midgets, shitting in a bucket". And the picked card had half a sentence which you had to fill with a card on your hand. The winner of the round is the one that is picked by the rest of the players.

I pretty much got a trump card. #MAGA
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:22 am

With the holiday coming I've been thinking about how I've been playing again recently. Honestly, a lot of my favourite party games don't even require any more than pad and paper anyway. We always play games over Christmas, and Charades, Pictionary, 20Q and Stop The Bus are so easy, fun and cheap.

We often get one board or card game as well that gets played once, then shunted away (except Catan and Scrabble, we actually ended up playing that more frequently). The Dexter one was especially shitty with us fudging rolls just so we could end the fucking thing.