James Cameron slams Wonder Woman

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: James Cameron slams Wonder Woman

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:48 am

>That article
These people would throw a fit if they ever saw David Lean's Oliver Twist, Lawrence of Arabia or A Passage to India
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Don't mention these horrible movies. They are unmovies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Nobody cared about Vasquez for decades. Everyone thought she was Hispanic, even other Hispanics. She played the role perfectly.
Now in current year, people on the internet say we're supposed to hate her because she was played by a fair-skinned Jewess.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:02 am
Yeah, Titanic was just a hodgepodge of different Titanic movies/TV shows. Hack.
Theres a reason Terminator's credits start with "An Acknowledgement to the Works of Harlan Ellison"

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 pm
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:02 am
Yeah, Titanic was just a hodgepodge of different Titanic movies/TV shows. Hack.
Theres a reason Terminator's credits start with "An Acknowledgement to the Works of Harlan Ellison"
I heard about the story Harlan wrote and that lawsuit was bullshit. It has similarities but it's not a blatant rip off. Cameron only agreed to it because he would have lost more money in a suit.

Harlan was being a cunt and wanted a quick buck.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:21 pm
I heard about the story Harlan wrote and that lawsuit was bullshit. It has similarities but it's not a blatant rip off.
Except that James Cameron actually said that it was a blatant rip-off. They're both cunts, but Ellison was in the right there.

Also, Cameron's very lucky that Philip K Dick died a couple years previous because otherwise he'd have been sued for ripping off Second Variety as well.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:13 am

Terminator is alleged to have been ripped off from two Outer Limits episodes, "Demon With a Glass Hand" and "Soldier". I don't really remember "Soldier" very well, except that the main character was somewhat Reese like. "Demon" was about a guy that turned out to be an android at the end, trying to save humanity.

There were similarities certainly, but I think that these things were just inspirations and Cameron made something original, kind of how George Lucas did with sampling Kurosawa and Flash Gordon for Star Wars.

Ellison is known to be a cantankerous, unlikable, litigious asshole and an awful Jewish stereotype. You'll notice he disparages everyone he's ever collaborated with. I don't know why he's still alive except that they say the good die young.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:54 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:13 am
You'll notice he disparages everyone he's ever collaborated with.
I've only ever heard him talk shit about Gene Roddenberry and the suits. Not without reason
Kugelfisch wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:22 pm
Poonoo wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:21 pm
I heard about the story Harlan wrote and that lawsuit was bullshit. It has similarities but it's not a blatant rip off.
Except that James Cameron actually said that it was a blatant rip-off.
When? From what I heard, he thought the lawsuit was bullshit but the production company did the payout and said if they persisted with a lawsuit Cameron would pay any of the losses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terminator
Writer Harlan Ellison stated that he "loved the movie, was just blown away by it",but believed that the screenplay was based on a short story and episode of The Outer Limits he had written, titled "Soldier", and threatened to sue for infringement.Orion settled in 1986 and gave Ellison an undisclosed amount of money and an acknowledgment credit in later prints of the film. Some accounts of the settlement state that "Demon with a Glass Hand", another Outer Limits episode written by Ellison, was also claimed to have been plagiarized by the film, but Ellison has explicitly stated that The Terminator "was a ripoff" of "Soldier" rather than "Demon with a Glass Hand".

Cameron was against Orion's decision and was told that if he did not agree with the settlement, he would have to pay any damages if Orion lost a suit by Ellison. Cameron replied that he "had no choice but to agree with the settlement. Of course there was a gag order as well, so I couldn't tell this story, but now I frankly don't care. It's the truth."
When did he admit it was a blatant ripoff? If it was during the lawsuit and gag order then it doesn't mean shit.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:44 pm

I've read that Cameron admitted he based it on those two Outer Limits episodes:
http://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban-leg ... ealed-118/
But people never cite their source.
お前はもう死んでいる。