Death Wish Trailer. Racist?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: Death Wish Trailer. Racist?

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

That's right, maybe The Thing shouldn't be considered a remake. That will leave only one legit remake in existence. Scarface is officially a remake, but it's so different from the 30's Scarface that I don't count it.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 pm

I wouldn't count it as one either. It's like how Cruel Intentions is actually based on a book but since it takes place at totally different times it's pretty much it's own thing.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:23 pm

The Thing with Mary Winstead?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:29 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm
That's right, maybe The Thing shouldn't be considered a remake. That will leave only one legit remake in existence. Scarface is officially a remake, but it's so different from the 30's Scarface that I don't count it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 pm
I wouldn't count it as one either. It's like how Cruel Intentions is actually based on a book but since it takes place at totally different times it's pretty much it's own thing.
There's something wrong with both of you. Pretty much every scene in the '30s Scarface is in the '80s Scarface. That's a remake. The fact that the '80s Scarface updated the setting, added further scenes for more context and increased the tragedy element is inconsequential. That stuff is simply what makes it a good remake.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.