Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Guest » Sat May 09, 2020 5:24 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:00 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:46 pm
I got my opinion from clips, yes. Clips that were terrible. Are those not in the movie? I'd say I've seen roughly 20% of the movie from clips and I liked none of them. I don't need to see a movie in full to determine if I like it or not. Frankly, knowing the premise is enough for that already.
I knew Last Jedi hatedom was a cult, but holy fucking shit. You've invested thousands of hours watching reviews and writing posts about a movie that you haven't even seen. Just following the herd, believing it's bad totally on faith. You would have been right at home in Jonestown, chugging down the Kool-aid.
You would have seen all the other Jonestown people drop dead after drinking the Kool-aid, and then drank it yourself, thinking it would be unfair to judge the Kool-aid without tasting it yourself.

(Also, Jonestown used Flavor-Aid, not Kool-aid.)

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sat May 09, 2020 5:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:00 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:46 pm
I got my opinion from clips, yes. Clips that were terrible. Are those not in the movie? I'd say I've seen roughly 20% of the movie from clips and I liked none of them. I don't need to see a movie in full to determine if I like it or not. Frankly, knowing the premise is enough for that already.
I knew Last Jedi hatedom was a cult, but holy fucking shit. You've invested thousands of hours watching reviews and writing posts about a movie that you haven't even seen. Just following the herd, believing it's bad totally on faith. You would have been right at home in Jonestown, chugging down the Kool-aid.

I think random clips of TLJ have surpassed The Dark Knight Rises for me on the Unintentional Comedy Watching scale.
Even before the Red Letter guys did it, I could hear the laugh track in my head.

Seriously, watch the full minute of this clip--without any context. It's so hilariously terrible.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat May 09, 2020 11:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:09 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:58 am
*New Star Wars with Georgie Boy*
You know, this isn't actually too unlikely.
That really might yet happen. They have brought all the original characters already back, they'll definitely want to use that final cash grab card bringing Lucas back.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:29 pm
They have brought all the original characters already back
They also killed just about all of them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun May 10, 2020 12:30 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am
veris leta facies wrote:
If they kill George Lucas it would've been all worth it.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 10, 2020 12:40 am

Guest wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:30 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am
veris leta facies wrote:
If they kill George Lucas it would've been all worth it.
Instead they gave this impossibly rich man billions to run the franchise into the ground. He's having the last and toppest of all keks.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon May 11, 2020 6:51 am

Jar Jar Binks is a better character than Rose Tico and Admiral Gender Studies combined.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon May 11, 2020 7:44 am

Guest wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:51 am
Jar Jar Binks is a better character than Rose Tico and Admiral Gender Studies combined.
That's not even a joke, he is. He's a random homeless dude, who just happens to run into all the Star Wars shit and inadvertently convinces the leader of his people to make him a general, after which he fumbles his way into the Galactic Senate and ends up being the single reason why Palpatine becomes Emperor.

In the hands of another director and screenwriter, Jar Jar could genuinely be the highlight of the entire franchise. Imagine if Rowan Atkinson was playing him as space Bean.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Mon May 11, 2020 9:55 am

The wrong Tico died.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 11, 2020 10:36 am

Bravely subverting our expectations, no less.
Rushy wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:44 am
In the hands of another director and screenwriter, Jar Jar could genuinely be the highlight of the entire franchise. Imagine if Rowan Atkinson was playing him as space Bean.
There are actually a few Clone Wars episodes where he is downright tolerable because the writers - and the other characters in the show - have realized he works best as a Weapon of Slapstick Destruction.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette