Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Hahaha, that reminds me of that one time Disney tried to make a standalone movie about Han Solo. Anyone else remember that?
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm still laughing at their joke about making a prequel movie about how the Rebellion really got those Death Star plans. What a riot!
mad bum wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 pm
I wish shadows of the empire got made into a movie, I read the books some years ago and really enjoyed it.
Is that the novel about a keikaku-strinning lizardman who wants to bone Leia?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:42 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 pm
Is that the novel about a keikaku-strinning lizardman who wants to bone Leia?
The very same.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:20 pm
Empire's overrated as hell.
It really isn't. Most sequels are terrible and do everything wrong. This one got everything right and managed to be as good as (same say better than) the original. It expanded the mythos and set up future storylines for years to come.

Then George squandered the potential of those story threads by writing a hasty wrap up in Return of the Jedi just because he got cucked.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 am

Rushy wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:39 pm
Solo 2: Wrath of Maul is more important.
You jest, but I'll bet it still happens. They really want a "cinematic universe" ala Marvel and aren't going to give up so easily. Kennedy will be long gone when it happens, though.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:32 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 am
Rushy wrote:
You jest, but I'll bet it still happens. They really want a "cinematic universe" ala Marvel and aren't going to give up so easily. Kennedy will be long gone when it happens, though.
And I'll be a happy cat when it does.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:24 am

I think the sequels made two cardinal errors:
1) Not having Kylo Ren as the protagonist(given that he is the next in the Skywalker line and it's his story that's relevant).
2) Not having a film set before The Force Awakens. If we had another Episode VII where we saw Kylo betray Luke in favor of Snoke, it would help the other two films immensely. The end of the Last Jedi can set up another trilogy, if they wanted.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:30 pm

They really should've had TFA start a lot earlier in the timeline, or at least explain more shit. I know they ripped off the in media res approach of A New Hope, but at least that one had a simpler premise. It's really hard to figure out how strong the First Order is compared to the Republic, and most importantly why the Republic does fuckall to stop a bunch of psychos who are apparently brainwashing people into their Empire cosplay army.

The movies just expect you to be on board with yet another Not-Rebellion struggling against a Not-Empire, without telling you why shit hit the fan.
Guest wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 am
Rushy wrote:
Fans of Clone Wars and Rebels will fill the internet with Reees as The Mouse rapes their precious Maul continuity.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm

From what I understood, the Republic initially just ignores the First Order because they don't want any trouble, big galaxy and all, live and let live etc.
When their Coruscant rip-off gets blown to pieces by the Death Star III, they're intimidated into doing jack shit.

I guess the Republic became all pacifistic, new age feel-good hippies between trilogies.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:20 pm
Empire's overrated as hell.
It really isn't. Most sequels are terrible and do everything wrong. This one got everything right and managed to be as good as (same say better than) the original. It expanded the mythos and set up future storylines for years to come.

Then George squandered the potential of those story threads by writing a hasty wrap up in Return of the Jedi just because he got cucked.
Lucas did not get fucking cucked you idiot. Lucas saw the lukewarm reviews critics gave Empire and concluded that no one gives a fuck about the Star Wars story and then just went from there. And yes Empire is overrated as hell. I'll admit it does do a great job of expanding the mythos, but it is really slow in the middle and the cliffhanger ending was horseshit.

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 pm
I'm still laughing at their joke about making a prequel movie about how the Rebellion really got those Death Star plans. What a riot!
What was wrong with Rogue One? Other than it ended way too close to Episode IV, god forbid people have a little imagination.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.