Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:02 am

People are really busting their nuts over this shit.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:07 am

Another stupid name (but this character is not in any movies or anything anyone cares about): Soon Bayts. Some writer thought it would be funny to have a character named "Master Bayts" and thought the editor would catch the joke and change it, but it wasn't caught and was actually published like that.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:55 am

Those Baby Yoda toys would make excellent 300M targets for my .308.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:01 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:55 am
I wouldn't even waste any sweet bullets on the little bastards, just melt that shit.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 am

Rushy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 pm
Though never uttered in any of the movie, I personally find "Sheev" to be a pretty underwhelming first name for the ultimate bad guy.
Speaking of Old Sheev, here's something interesting I found - McDiarmid's original vocal performance of the part, more in line with the holographic Episode V original.
Amazing performance.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:39 am

So Sabe was Rey's grandmother? That would explain hiring Bargain Basement Keira Knightley for the sequels. Sheev pump 'n dumped a handmaiden!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:58 am
Rushy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 pm
About an hour and 15 minutes in, I've reached the first genuinely good thing about Attack of the Clones, which is Count Dooku of course.
Both Lee and the fans deserved way more Dooku in this trilogy. Forget Maul and his double-bladed show off lightsaber. I don't think even the Clone Wars series realised what a goldmine of a character he is.
The reason is because there was nothing to his character other than to be the most stereotypical bad guy possible. Compared to him even Darth Maul is interesting.

They basically hired Christopher Lee to be Space Dracula, except George was unwilling or unable to realize how much of a better concept THAT would've been.

[A guy who wants to feed on the Force and Force users to both live forever AND fuel his special Sith vampire powers?
Fuck. they'd be up to Episode 17 by now--and I'd still be watching.]
Spoken by someone who's clearly never seen the Hammer films. Heck, even in the 1970 Jesus Franco Dracula which is directly based on the novel, Lee was mostly wasted.

The Dooku character has a backstory with Qui-Gon, who's already an interesting character in his own right. He is a prideful, erudite aristocratic Jedi, with dreams of grandeur in a reworked society(kinda like Hitler - they even give him human supremacy traits in the Ep III novel).
It's not reinventing the wheel, but it's still great stuff.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 am
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Rushy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 pm
About an hour and 15 minutes in, I've reached the first genuinely good thing about Attack of the Clones, which is Count Dooku of course.
Both Lee and the fans deserved way more Dooku in this trilogy. Forget Maul and his double-bladed show off lightsaber. I don't think even the Clone Wars series realised what a goldmine of a character he is.
The reason is because there was nothing to his character other than to be the most stereotypical bad guy possible. Compared to him even Darth Maul is interesting.

They basically hired Christopher Lee to be Space Dracula, except George was unwilling or unable to realize how much of a better concept THAT would've been.

[A guy who wants to feed on the Force and Force users to both live forever AND fuel his special Sith vampire powers?
Spoken by someone who's clearly never seen the Hammer films. Heck, even in the 1970 Jesus Franco Dracula which is directly based on the novel, Lee was mostly wasted.

The Dooku character has a backstory with Qui-Gon, who's already an interesting character in his own right. He is a prideful, erudite aristocratic Jedi, with dreams of grandeur in a reworked society(kinda like Hitler - they even give him human supremacy traits in the Ep III novel).
No? He wanted revenge for Quigon and got turned to the Dark Side.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:41 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:55 am
I guess they finally got a Porg replacement that sadly won't rot on shelves as long.
I apologize for reminding anyone of Porgs, I know literally nobody here has thought about them after TLJ's release.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:42 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:37 pm
Rushy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 am
Tony Schiavone wrote:

No? He wanted revenge for Quigon and got turned to the Dark Side.
Lmfao what are you talking about? His turn had jack shit to do with Qui-Gon.

He turned to the dark side, because he thought the Republic needed cleaning up and a firm hand to rule it.

I'm sure he appreciated Qui-Gon as a Padawan, but as far as I know, they were never best buddies or anything.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.