Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:05 am

I got through it ok - and I don't think its even Jar Jar's worst movie (Star Trek: Into Darkness) - but Rise of Skywalker really is pretty bad.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:26 am

Rushy, if you're just going to wilfully engage into mental gymnastics to excuse mistakes that were never intended, there is no point to this.

The prequels have made it very clear the SW is not a series that is fine with just not explaining things.
If you want to personally explain plot holes away with "It doesn't matter lol", fine. I won't humour your nonsense, though.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:50 am

>tfw when Star Wars missed the perfect opportunity to have ghost Star Destroyers
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:57 am

Give them a few more years.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:34 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:26 am
I won't humour your nonsense, though.
Well, I'll just keep rattling on anyway. I won't humour your lack of humour :lol:
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:45 am

The fuckers that made Rise of Skywalker didn't even have answers to these questions and were constantly rewriting this shit while they were filming the goddamned movie. They hired one of the Dr. Whos to play the main villain and then changed their minds and used Palpatine instead. They had a million monkeys throw their shit at the screen and then had the Lucasfilm Story Group try to retroactively explain it in tweets and supplemental material.

Venomous Masculinity

Post by Venomous Masculinity » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:52 pm

I think the biggest issue with Star Wars is the mythology of the Force. Back in the day, shooting lightning from your hands was considered peak force ability because you studied and practiced enough to manipulate energy. The Force giving one martial prowess and some manner of telekinetic/telepathic ability is all in line with movie martial arts monks. This series jumped the shark by making the Force into DBZ super powers that get more and more ridiculous with each installment as the new Super Saiyan form comes out and another glow stick color gets added. Th Force should not ever be able to bring back the dead, allow time travel, or the ability to project yourself across the galaxy (at least not without some huge conduit). If they want to have amazing space magic then it frankly needs a ritual to it, a sacrifice, a cost.
DHI Platinum Subscriber

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:59 pm

People who claim the old EU was superior seem to forget that it was only superior from 1992-1999. There was like thirteen years after that where Jedi were time traveling and fighting interdimensional space gods and rehashing the OT again and again.

And Into Darkness was Jay Jay's only good movie.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:05 pm

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:59 pm
And Into Darkness was Jay Jay's only good movie.
>Jew Jew has ever made a good movie

Kek.