Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:51 pm

European Highlander is hardcore.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:51 pm
Yeah, I hear the Euro version of the TV series was also like that too.
Our version got cut down for time and content.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:18 am

I also remember that movie. Euro-trash hits it right on the money. The kinda shit you'd see in German TV around or past midnight in the late 90s to early 00s. I have some fondness for shlock garbage like that. Sometimes you'd see absolute mad shit on TV in those days like eXistenZ, which was a total mind fuck for 14yr old me or some weird anime with a four hour run time full of rape that was barely censored out. Had TV stayed that way it would still be relevant.

Controversial opinion: I consider Cube to be in the same league and that's why I like it.

Controversial opinon 2: Mötley Crüe is the only Hair Metal band that was ever any good. The controversial part is that they were any good at all at any point and it's mostly based around Kickstart my Heart being fucking awesome.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:20 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:29 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:51 pm
Yeah, I hear the Euro version of the TV series was also like that too.
Our version got cut down for time and kahntent.
I remember renting the fake Highlander 3 (the tv show pilot and another episode pasted together) and being shocked by seeing the lead actress's tits in a sex scene. Now Europe is Muslim and the days of Brit titties are going the way of the Dodo.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:18 am
I also remember that movie. Euro-trash hits it right on the money. The kinda shit you'd see in German TV around or past midnight in the late 90s to early 00s. I have some fondness for shlock garbage like that. Sometimes you'd see absolute mad shit on TV in those days like eXistenZ, which was a total mind fuck for 14yr old me or some weird anime with a four hour run time full of rape that was barely censored out. Had TV stayed that way it would still be relevant.
EXistenZ was some hell of a random TV find.

But too bad even that was too expensive, so it's all reality TV shit about the adventures of Kevin and Chantal.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:07 pm

So are is the Resistance the Rebellion now because of Finn's "rebel scum" line?

Also: Episode 9 "Love Trumps Hate". There will also be a scene where the First Order is separating kids from parents. (There was a brief one in Solo but that was accidental, I think.)

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:34 pm

As if there was ever any doubt that the Resistence was just a bunch of Rebellion OCs (do not steal).
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:50 pm

To be fair, topping the Empire/Rebellion dynamic wouldn't be easy. If they went back to a Republic vs disagreeing cabal, they'd be accused of ripping off the prequels. If they went for Republic vs intergalactic aliens, they'd be accused of ripping off the Yuuzhan Vong from those books.

Not to mention, we'd already had six episodes following the rise and fall of Palpatine's empire specifically. His absence was always going to be felt, and the writers were far too scared of prequel backlash to make Snoke a reincarnation of Darth Plageuis.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:06 pm

I'm pretty sure ripping off the prequels would generate a much larger backlash, since the Eugene Wong have only appeared in Star Wars novels and comics and are therefore only relevant to losers.

Or why not actually use those guys to put in even less effort. Sure, they would have to invade a couple decades later than in the EU, but 1) who cares and 2) alien invasions would actually be something different for the movies.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:50 pm
the writers were far too scared of prequel backlash to make Snoke a reincarnation of Darth Plageuis.
Breean just didn't give a fuck what JJ's idea was and decided to kill Snoke for the lulz so he could tell everyone their Snoke theory was wrong. JJ very likely planned to make him something like that because he doesn't care about his SW movies being considered basically remakes.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!