Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rapeculture

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:54 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:57 am
I'm tempted to pay to watch it every night it's out, just because I know it would irrationally piss people off here if I showed pics of the tickets.
Do you have a Patreon that I can donate to? I absolutely love everything that Disney's done with Star Wars. George Lucas really knew what he was doing when he handed the franchise over to Kathleen Kennedy and co. A masterstroke on George's part for sure.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 pm

That feel when Solo is canon and the Thrawn books are not
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:57 am
I'm tempted to pay to watch it every night it's out, just because I know it would irrationally piss people off here if I showed pics of the tickets.
>thinking this will piss us off
>thinking we won't just laugh at you for patently wasting your money

slutslaugh.jpg
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Ron Howard(the director)'s success with franchises has largely been more miss than hit this century. His movies make some money but they've been largely panned, and have really only done well due to established star power (like Tom Hanks).
All this movie has is Woody Harrelson and he wasn't exactly the breakout star of Hunger Games.

If it bombs, the pressure will be on Episode 9 to really deliver. Backlash usually doesn't build until the third movie when everyone feels brave enough to rip the current management for underperforming. 7 was safe. Rogue One was largely up to individual taste (I enjoyed it) and 8 was too weird and silly for the autists to admit.
9 will either be where they make a whole lot of new bank pandring or where everyone just tunes out the new shit and just keep buying the theme park nostalgia.

EDIT: You know--even if it doesn't, this may be the tail end of the franchise. Making a big profit would just encourage them to stick to the safety of the original trilogy forever and take fewer risks. [Marvel does this too, but they are placed better because of smarter leadership and a bigger sandbox of characters to play with.] Eventually the audience will stop coming for the movies and buy a few of the same toys every now and then, slowing down eventually as franchise becomes more known for misses than hits.

The best thing to come out of the prequels was not the movies but the entire Old Republic mythos. That's basically the future of the franchise, breathing life where the movies won't touch and thus can't fuck it up.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:41 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 pm
Solo aint canon no matter what Cuntleen Kannady says.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:46 am

Rushy wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 pm
Thrawn books are gay. Ooh, I studied some art now I'm an unbeatable genius!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:55 pm

The weirdest thing about Thrawn to me is that he undermines the Empire's supposed status as human supremacists. Then again that's only ever something mentioned in some EU sources...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:30 pm

I remember Dooku rambling on about it in the Episode III novel
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:47 am

Novellizations don't count.

And he better not be in support of that seeing how he was like the only Separatist human.

Now that I think about it, Sheev "Gas the Bothans" Palpatine got his WMD from bugmen, his first batch of Stormtroopers from longnecked blokes (all cloned from a Mandalorian, and I'm not 100% certain if they're considered as normal humans), his first (?) pupil was a horned freak, and I think that his master was also not very human-looking.

Slice it any way, sense it makes not. A bit too far someone the Nazi symbolism took.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Having seen the Solo trailer a couple times now, I'm starting to be okay with the guy playing Solo. He's still a manlet, but at least he's trying to sound Solo-ish. Donald Driver is just playing Donald Driver, who is an annoying person.