Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon May 07, 2018 12:37 am

You all talk shit now but we'll see who's laughing in 20 years when I'm sitting on a goldmine of mint, unopened Rose Tico action figures. I bet everyone will want to help Little Red Hen eat her bread then.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 07, 2018 12:38 am

It's the new bitcoin.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon May 07, 2018 12:41 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 10:35 am
Is there a Blaxploitation Wars out there? I feel like it's a mandate from heaven for such a movie to exist.
お前はもう死んでいる。

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:18 am
mad bum wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm
3 cents sounds like a write off that was meant to be sent back to the warehouse for credit, not actually sold.
That's the dumbest concept I've ever heard. Why would you knock down the price before you're taken the shit out of the shelf?
Yeah it's something Walmart does and have done in the past. Here's the slickdeals page where people were talking about it.
02-04-2018 at 12:08 PM #26
I've been buying these games at Walmart for 3 cents for about 7 days or so now. Around here they're semi readily available. Although I will say, I feel pretty bad now knowing that the 3 cent price was a Walmart flag to remove the games, and I won't be purchasing any more. I'll also say I agree with whomever posted that these games mostly exist in Walmarts that aren't updating their products sticker prices, as these games have been setting for years upon years often with the original sticker price only.
The poster is saying that we aren't supposed to be purchasing these at 3 cents, but they *will* ring up as 3 cents if BS or Walmart's price scanner confirms the price. The struggle sometimes is checking out. If an employee sees you're getting it for 3 cents, they'll likely deny the sale. This happened to me a few days ago.
02-04-2018 at 12:22 PM #39
I don't understand why companies use close to zero prices (.01, .02, .03) to indicate stock should be pulled. They should a really high price like $9999.99... but I'm sure there's a reason...
So that guy bragging about 3 cent toys just took advantage of there stupidity.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 07, 2018 1:23 am

mad bum wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:18 am
mad bum wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm
3 cents sounds like a write off that was meant to be sent back to the warehouse for credit, not actually sold.
That's the dumbest concept I've ever heard. Why would you knock down the price before you're taken the shit out of the shelf?
It's something retail does when they are getting rid of stock in there systems, Walmart did it earlier.
Which makes no sense at all. Changing the price doesn't clear it out of your system, nor does the price the register takes have anything to do with internal bookkeeping. If you go that retarded route, why not change the price when it's actually in the warehouse and not still in the store? Why not lock the item so it can't be bought?
When you write something off, you write it off, not change the sales price in the system. That only fucks up your data on your average margin.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon May 07, 2018 1:26 am

Yeah it's dumb, I know best buy changes it to $9999.99 for that exact reason. Maybe because walmart sells things for $9999.99
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 07, 2018 1:30 am

mad bum wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:26 am
Yeah it's dumb, I know best buy changes it to $9999.99 for that exact reason. Maybe because walmart sells things for $9999.99
Instead of having some dipshit go into the system and change the price, why not LOCK it? Just straight up lock it. The register will just say "Nope, can't check this out." if some spastic forgot to take all the shit out of the shelves.
I'm sure they have some, likely retarded, reason for doing it. I'm just saying it's not something that's usual in retail. At least I've never heard of it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon May 07, 2018 6:35 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:30 am
mad bum wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:26 am
Instead of having some dipshit go into the system and change the price, why not LOCK it? Just straight up lock it. The register will just say "Nope, can't check this out." if some spastic forgot to take all the shit out of the shelves.
I'm sure they have some, likely retarded, reason for doing it. I'm just saying it's not something that's usual in retail. At least I've never heard of it.
These companies are probably being such raging tight asses that they can't be fucked updating their stupidly old system to lock any items. Or maybe the managers are idiots.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

GestapoAssiman

Post by GestapoAssiman » Mon May 07, 2018 2:18 pm

$9999.99? Must be rare boba fette figurino must buy :shock: :shock: :shock:
- and that's a good thing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 07, 2018 3:30 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:35 am
These companies are probably being such raging tight asses that they can't be fucked updating their stupidly old system to lock any items. Or maybe the managers are idiots.
Wouldn't surprise me the least. For internal messaging, our wholesaler uses Lotus Notes. Copyright 1996. The electronic scales at our meat shop have just recently a year ago been updated - from MS DOS.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!