Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:31 pm
Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:03 am
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:53 pm
Still then find me 10 people who say "I feel the sw games should have the old style saber combat instead of this flashy stuff".
You cant.
That can work for games because they are games, you don't have to worry about story shit unless you are apart of Extra Creditz. That doesn't justify the movies having that stupid shit there.

In saying that though, you could make the combat more like Dank Souls and have Jedi and Sith talk shit in between smacking light sabers.
retarded dodgerolling?
I knew that would come up :lol:

I meant the slower pace sword fighting where you wait for opportunities rather than just mashing away combos. You can can't really capture the old style of dramatic tension in that way if everyone is flipping and comboing each other.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:10 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:16 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 am
Braindead kike cunt whose lasting memory will be as fapbait for pedophiles.
She even betrayed Israel to the SocJus crowd. Completely without any scruples at all. A desperate 37 year old broad who never bothered to improve her acting since the pedo films and knows her career is almost over.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Guess which Star Wars figures nobody, and I mean NOBODY is buying.
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019- ... inn-ished/
Ethan Van Sciver is the only one buying the Rose Tico figures. The SJWs freak out when he destroys them in his videos, acting as if he had killed a real person.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:49 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
oh lol now its suddenly about what they SHOULD have done ok.
That's what it's always been about. I'm not arguing that Yoda was a flippy jumping bean in the prequels. I'm arguing that it's fucking retarded.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Still then find me 10 people who say "I feel the sw games should have the old style saber combat instead of this flashy stuff".
You cant.
This WAS the way to go, with or without them planning for it this was the way to translate SW into other mediums like games.
Into games? Sure, yeah. Still, the games didn't have you perform quite the mega gay ballet dancer shit and made it look better but fine. I'm not saying there shouldn't ever be flashy light sabre fighters. But not everyone should be like that.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
I thought people thought SW went to shit because disney decided to make all that stuff non canon but ok?
Faggots did. The EU was always absolute prime cancer. Making all that shit not canon is the single good decision Disney made with SW.
Feel free to check but I can tell you that I've never called the EU anything but utter shit.
Rushy wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:20 pm
Phantom Menace, when they get shot at by those bubble droids
The Destroyers? He's a bit faster. Nothing you wouldn't expect from an old school Jedi with their superior reflexes.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:57 pm
the entire argument is about that its not showable on screen in a regular way or youd have dbz like teleportation all the time. So they decided to display it whirly and jumpy to still give to impression they can be at any place at any time and are not limited by normal movement.
See, that's where I don't get your argument. So you're saying the Jedi and Sith supposedly have those powers but it'd look dumb so they decided to show it in a different way? That's stupid.
The reality of the matter is that Lucas approved everything and anything to make a buck. All that has been canon were the three initial movies but he approved everything else because it meant making fuckloads of money. He didn't keep any of the shit the EU made up in mind when he went to write the prequels.
So while in vidya and novels the Jedi would basically be typical capeshit super heroes with super speed and Magneto tier powers of manipulating objects (but also stuff that isn't magnetic), there's not even a single trace of that shit even in the prequels.

I don't think that I need to argue that the prequels were shit. They were. Everyone felt that way besides some historic revisionists that popped up especially with these terrible Disney movies. I'd argue, however, that not even Lucas really considered any Extended Universe stuff to be canon because he clearly ignored all of it.
What I'm getting at is that if you keep all that shit in mind, the Star Wars universe is extremely inconsistent at best.

As far as I'm concerned, only the three initial movies are canon. Anything else is bullshit for money without a regard of anything.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:54 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:49 am
The Destroyers? He's a bit faster. Nothing you wouldn't expect from an old school Jedi with their superior reflexes.
I meant that moment when he and Qui-Gon zip away and appear on the far side of the corridor. The Force Speed bit that only happens once in the entire series
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:15 am

Rushy wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:54 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
I meant that moment when he and Qui-Gon zip away and appear on the far side of the corridor. The Force Speed bit that only happens once in the entire series
I honestly don't even remember that. Would've been handy to have had that speed at the shutting energy doors when Qui-Gon got pwnd, wouldn't it? Getting back to what I said was the issue of shit being all over the place.
Thanks for reminding me of yet another retarded thing in the prequels.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:20 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:15 am
Would've been handy to have had that speed at the shutting energy doors when Qui-Gon got pwnd, wouldn't it?
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:23 am

If they really have super speed, you'd think that crazy teleporting iaijutsu strikes wiping out entire groups of enemies would become a standard Jedi combat maneuver.
Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 pm
I meant the slower pace sword fighting where you wait for opportunities rather than just mashing away combos. You can can't really capture the old style of dramatic tension in that way if everyone is flipping and comboing each other.
It's basically the same problem as the Advent-Children school of Final Fantasy combat, when people fall too much in love with the flashy spectacle of fighting, so much so that nobody looks like he's actually fighting for his life.
Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:10 am
Ethan Van Sciver is the only one buying the Rose Tico figures. The SJWs freak out when he destroys them in his videos, acting as if he had killed a real person.
He is culturally appropriating Voodoo culture.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:27 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:

I don't think that I need to argue that the prequels were shit. They were. Everyone felt that way besides some historic revisionists that popped up especially with these terrible Disney movies. I'd argue, however, that not even Lucas really considered any Extended Universe stuff to be canon because he clearly ignored all of it.
What I'm getting at is that if you keep all that shit in mind, the Star Wars universe is extremely inconsistent at best.

As far as I'm concerned, only the three initial movies are canon. Anything else is bullshit for money without a regard of anything.
the prequals were not shit so you better argue it, oh wait we have done it on here at least 4 times already. Nobody feels like that besides the most die hard of OT nerds who hold those films in uberhigh regard while theyre just slightly above average movies making them hate everything after that they dont share this blind love for.

Even before the disney star wars we argued this so dont come with that nonsense.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:21 pm

So let me see if I got this straight - Lost sucks, but Phantom Menace is a treasure.
Hmm, yeah, sure.
Fucking dumbass
Kugelfisch wrote:

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:56 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:27 pm
OT nerds who hold those films in uberhigh regard while theyre just slightly above average movies
Correct, they were slightly above average. The prequels were far below average.

When everything is averaged together, Star Wars is incredibly shitty.
Is Spoony dead yet?