Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:03 pm
Is Star Wars the only movie series that is so bad, fans have to try and polish the turds?
There have been fan attempts to edit that swollen mess of a Hobbit trilogy down to a single watchable film.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Auli wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:24 am
I kinda like the fight. The guards are WAAAY better than Kylo. Kylo is a kid just... waving around. Seems to have no control at all with the fighting. And Rey... appearantly she got Kylo's abilities when they did that force kissing. So she learned to be equally good as Kylo with a lightsaber. In, what, in a space of 10 hours?
The Force is female, so she was already better than him.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:42 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:45 pm
There have been fan attempts to edit that swollen mess of a Hobbit trilogy down to a single watchable film.
Are any of them any good? I know people that are curious, but don't want to watch three bloated films for one story.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:42 pm

I guess you could easily cut the runtime in half by removing all the CGI slapstick fight scenes and shit that didn't actually happen in the book.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:52 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:42 pm
I guess you could easily cut the runtime in half by removing all the CGI slapstick fight scenes and shit that didn't actually happen in the book.
Absolutely. But I'll bet it's still a lot harder than it sounds to excise the silly bloat and yet keep the story cohesion.

I once watched a fan edit of Revenge of the Sith and it was pretty good, but was still a little clunky in places and you could feel stuff was missing.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:35 pm

The one thing that always pissed me off about the Hobbit and no special edit could fix was that they never filmed like 3/4 of the Mirkwood stuff. That part of the book was so much fun as a kid: creepy thick forest, a clear warning not to go off the road, then they go off the road, magical river, weird elves constantly annoying them with campfires, shooting squirrels to survive and then spiders...
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:22 pm

I like that Hobbit 3 is just one long action scene. I especially liked the BTS doc where the hairy hobbit director had to shut down production because he had no idea what he was doing.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:52 pm
Absolutely. But I'll bet it's still a lot harder than it sounds to excise the silly bloat and yet keep the story cohesion.
It's basically impossible to edit The Hobbit into one movie that's exactly like the book, because you've got stuff like the barrel scene which features Jackson's OC Donut Steel Stronk Wymyn Elf character pretty heavily, and if you cut her scenes out the whole sequence makes no sense.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:52 pm
It's basically impossible to edit The Hobbit into one movie that's exactly like the book, because you've got stuff like the barrel scene which features Jackson's OC Donut Steel Stronk Wymyn Elf character pretty heavily, and if you cut her scenes out the whole sequence makes no sense.
The barrel scene is barely relevant in the book. They ride barrels to Lake Town... That's literally it. You could cut together five second a montage of Bilbo and the dwarfs riding barrels down the river without showing elf Rey. Done.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:37 pm

I used that scene as an example. There are others that are virtually impossible to cut
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.