Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:54 pm

It's forever fucked and should only ever have been the three original movies. Stop going on with stories you've told to the end.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:21 pm

They might not even be able to salvage this mess if they start from scratch. It's amazing, really.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Even if the movies flopped, the merchandising should make up for it. How do you fuck up merchandising Star Wars?

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:35 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 pm
Even if the movies flopped, the merchandising should make up for it. How do you fuck up merchandising Star Wars?
Because apparently no one does marketing anymore.
They're going after precisely the target demographic that isn't interested in spending any money.

Are there some that will buy literally any dumb shit for sale? Yes. But is it ever front and properly displayed? Nope. Even the die-hard buyers still save the largest and most expensive for Vader, Joda, etc.

No one has Phasma, Rei or the black guy prominantly displayed in their house. Or video. There are probably more impressive Moff Tarkin stuff out than Kylo Ren.
Once they buy it, they throw it on a shelf, back of the closet, or in storage. They'll never admit to themselves they dont like it.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:42 pm

You can't fire wahmen in currentyear+2

And Rian Johnson... the guy who gutted the Star Wars piggy-bank, will hopefully never get another job.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:27 pm

He already has.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:42 pm

This guy seems to have an informant inside and has about 3-5 videos a day, it seems.

And yes, he kinda sound retarded at times xD

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:50 pm

Something tells me that a high caliber actor like Richard E Grant will be squandered, making way for MaRey Sue and Rose Creepo.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:59 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 pm
The movies don't appeal to children. LEGO is usually a pretty good indicator. The OG trilogy stuff sells well (yes, they are making that stuff again), the Episode 1-3 stuff also sold pretty alright. Clone wars stuff was flying off the shelves because of the TV show that kids liked and because you could get fuckloads of clone troopers on the secondary market for cheap for manchildren to build an army with.
The Disney SW stuff doesn't sell at all. Neither children, nor neckbeards like the characters. It's pretty easy to see why if you just think about it.
Say you go with your child to a toystore. If it's a boy, he's going to love Phasma until he finds out that she's a girl. If it's a girl, she doesn't want to get uggo chink or mannish Rey. The sales numbers support that so I'm not just making it up. Little girls want either princesses or something with horses or baby dolls, boys want cool spaceships, cars, dinosaurs or cool action figure guys. SW doesn't give either what they want.
>b-but muh spaceships
The cool ones are old SW and most are too delicate to actually play with.

So a girl would likely want some horse or Barbie stuff from Santa, a boy would likely want a Jurassic Park dinosaur from what the current market offers.
SW can't compete in the current toy market.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:09 pm

In George Lucas' original scripts for Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine was supposed to be Anakin's father.

Now that Disney has Star Wars, they can do whatever the fuck they want. So I guess Rey is Darth Vader's father,.