Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:11 am
Jeri Ryan does know how to act if you can look past her boobs.
Why would I want to do that?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:19 pm
Rushy wrote:
Jeri Ryan does know how to act if you can look past her boobs.
Why would I want to do that?
It's the cherry on the cake. If you like cherries. I don't like cherries.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm
Rushy wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:07 pm
Kinda missing the Trek though. That's what's kept me from checking it out, I feel like I'd miss the exploration aspect.
There are episodes where weird shit comes to them through the wormwhole, which might count. But still, any exploration aspect you might be missing will be more than made up for by the cast.
I assumed as much, but I just figured I'd finish the others first. Though, Discovery has been a rough one, I don't really get the point of that show. From what I understand, the war aspect has been covered by DS9, the mirror universe is kinda pointless unless you have a good version of the crew(and the crew in Discovery is basically in a state of flux, there's really no other main characters besides Burnham) and it has zilch to do with exploration.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm
Rushy wrote:
It was decent comfort food Star Trek. Robert Picardo was excellent on it, and Jeri Ryan does know how to act if you can look past her boobs.
Robert Picardo's presence makes me hate the show even more, because although he made the show a lot more watchable, his talent was also seriously wasted. He deserved better.
Like what?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:34 pm

A better show.

And Discovery's only point appears to be muh diversity or something. It can't even do nostalgia bait because it gives fuckall about continuity, going so far as to make Klingons virtual unrecognizable while their fucktard of a designer claims they aren't.

I mean, fuck, these guys are probably the 2nd most recognizable Trek aliens and provider of the most iconic alien Trek ships, even for normies. That'd be like if they turned Vulcans into animu elves.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 pm

That reminds me of how Enterprise spent two or three episodes elaborating on why the TOS Klingons looked different from the 24th century ones.
Which was nerdy as hell, but I'd rather they paid too much attention than none whatsoever.

But I could probably live with that, if the show had a decent crew and good episodes, which, all of their other flaws aside, I did at least get with Voyager and Enterprise.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:14 am

Rushy wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 pm
That reminds me of how Enterprise spent two or three episodes elaborating on why the TOS Klingons looked different from the 24th century ones.
Which was nerdy as hell, but I'd rather they paid too much attention than none whatsoever.

But I could probably live with that, if the show had a decent crew and good episodes, which, all of their other flaws aside, I did at least get with Voyager and Enterprise.
That Enterprise episode was based on a fan theory of all things, but miraculously they managed to make it work. Enterprise doesn't get a lot of respect because it had a lot of terrible episodes, especially early on, but when it was good it was as good as most Trek got.

Star Trek Discovery on the other hand is clearly made by people who don't give a shit about Trek. Literally fake Star Trek geeks who are just like, "Hey, here's a reference to popular Star Trek thing! It looks and acts nothing like popular Star Trek thing but it sure has the same name! And it's darker and edgier! Muh black female human adopted sister of Spock! Diversity!"

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Might be funny seeing them try to nostalgia bait people with season 2 and its inclusion of the Enterprise under Pike. What could possibly go wrong?!
Rushy wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 pm
I personally preferred Worf's non-answer from the anniversary episode, but I can live with the official one.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:45 pm

They hired a new Spock, because of course they had to.

Actually, now that I think of it, the one thing I would be interested in seeing is how Pike got all fucked up. They have to, right? Even if it doesn't make sense timeline wise(Kirk took over directly from Pike)
Kugelfisch wrote:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 pm

One thing you can say about Zachary Quinto is that he did look like Spock, as far as that goes. It's a pretty dumb idea for anyone to dress up and pretend to be Spock when Spock just is Leonard Nimoy
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:01 am

Quinto was alright, far too emotional, but as a reimagining, it worked.
Doing it again, and this time in the original continuity isn't tempting fate, it's walking into the middle of the highway and screaming "WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!"
Kugelfisch wrote:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:24 am

Quinto was so faggy that they had to have this nigh-emotionless Vulcan hook up with Uhura to prove he's got the "notgays".
お前はもう死んでいる。